Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Notalab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retirement to lake balaton Hungary

The Balaton Britons club [about 80 members and who meet on the second Tuesday of each month in Gyenesdias] have members who have all sorts of skills and knowledge about Hungary. 2 or 3 do removals to/from UK.
pm me for more information.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

JohnnyDangerous is an unknown quantity at this point

I havent posted enough to be able to pm you. Do you have an idea of the price roughly?? based on what ppl have paid... this year is poss? thanks
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

sorry If I didn't make it clear I'm looking at removal from the UK to Hungary
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

JohnnyDangrous, hame pm'd you
Old Jul 12th 2008, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Can someone please tell me the difference between a 'weekend house' and an ordinary house in Hungary. Are you only allowed to live there for so many months per year?? We were planning to relocate to Hungary but with the pound falling and the housing market stagnant in the UK we may have to delay our plans. So we might buy a weekend house as an interim measure and spend part of the year in Hungary. Can anyone enlighten me??

Will be in Hungary again in August cant wait. All you lucky people in the Balaton I hope the sun is shining and its nice and warm for you.

Cathy xxx
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cathyg
Hi Everyone

Can someone please tell me the difference between a 'weekend house' and an ordinary house in Hungary. Are you only allowed to live there for so many months per year?? We were planning to relocate to Hungary but with the pound falling and the housing market stagnant in the UK we may have to delay our plans. So we might buy a weekend house as an interim measure and spend part of the year in Hungary. Can anyone enlighten me??

Will be in Hungary again in August cant wait. All you lucky people in the Balaton I hope the sun is shining and its nice and warm for you.

Cathy xxx
A weekend house you can only spend a certain amount of time at. I think it depends on where it is.

I bought my house (not a weekend house) in 2006 when the forint was 400 to the £ I think its about 289 now according to xe.com. It has two bedrooms a bathroom a kitchen a larder and a large hallway plus several outbuilding on a large plot. I paid 14k for it. It's in a village outside nagykanizsa and 30/40 mins from the Balaton. You can get bargains if you look further afield than on websites. Definitely bargains to be had!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:36 am
Just Joined

backtobasics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cathyg
Hi Everyone

Cathy xxx
With you on the current UK house sales situation, we're just commiting to buy our property in Hungary, there are still bargains to be had.
I'm private messageing you with details of our purchase so that you can see whats available.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

backtobasics is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Notalab, I've pm'd you sir am in need of some info before we commit if you could help sir it would be very much appreciated.
many thanks
John
oh go on then I'll buy you a pint or an ice cream when we next come over.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi John, have emailed you for the sake of privacy.
Regards, Notalab
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mods..... do you think there has been sufficient interest in Hungary for it to have it's own forum within Europe?

[edited once for Merlot driven typo!!!]
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Any of you got sky TV out there if so what size dish are u using and can u get all the been nd itv channels?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

I meant Beeb and itv sorry for the typo
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cannot pick up BBC/ITV channels on a small dish.
Would need a dish over 2 metres and signal would probably drop out sometimes depending on time of day.
Small dish picks up CH4 CH5 and most sky progs including all sports channels [allegedly]
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Apparently ITV was picked up on a small dish last month for a few days. Reasons unknown.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notalab
Mods..... do you think there has been sufficient interest in Hungary for it to have it's own forum within Europe?

[edited once for Merlot driven typo!!!]
I really think you will need more than one thread to convince admin. ;-)
Take a look at the Spain forum to compare, and that is slow compared to usual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.