Residency

Old Sep 6th 2013, 6:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Well I'll join you Cathy because I'm getting that - "isn't that what I said in not so many words" feeling
Light relief though from dealing with immigration queries from Iranians and Indians - not to mention a suspect break caliper - where's that bottle
Can I go and have a beer now then
Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:16 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can I go and have a beer now then
Have one on me Mitzy

Any experience with "non EU national wants easy route into Schengen area"? Hungary seems to be getting targeted lately as an easy access country Is it common in Spain?
Old Sep 7th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Yeoman is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you all had a pleasant Friday night.
Thank you all for allowing me access to your knowledge. If I can return the favour in any way, I will.
Britishexpats.com is an very informative place!
All the best.
Old Sep 7th 2013, 9:14 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yeoman
I hope you all had a pleasant Friday night.
Thank you all for allowing me access to your knowledge. If I can return the favour in any way, I will.
Britishexpats.com is an very informative place!
All the best.
It's no problem. Everyone is here to help.
It took me over a year of research before I moved to Spain. I thought I'd covered everything, but I still got caught with some surprises.
The biggest catch is when the country changes the laws in some way after you have moved, which makes it more difficult for you.

My advice would be, if you make the full move to Hungary employ something along the same lines of a Spanish Gestor (a fixer / book keeper) to sort everything out for you. It's a lot easier. It must have taken me 6 - 9 months to do it all myself, dealing with the powers that be
Old Sep 8th 2013, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! I am so with the ladies on this one!

I tend to read most posts even if I have no personal interest, but I am definitely unsubscribing from this one.
Hungary and the reason for living here, is a nice friendly laid back place and for the most part cheaper than the UK.
So who would want to spend their time watching the calendar and counting days, thinking 'I must leave in exactly x days time'

If I had enough money to worry about my tax situation I might feel differently, or live somewhere else!
Old Sep 8th 2013, 8:08 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

.... and can you imagine telling immigration "but EU regulations state this, therefore you are wrong" that icy stare would freeze you on the spot. How to make life difficult in Hungary, tell an official they are wrong.......
I once made the mistake of telling an EON employee that a certain document didn't have to be notarised - it didn't - but she point blank refused to accept it and made me walk all the way back to the solicitors.