Residence Card

Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:46 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residence Card

Is it a Hungarian or UK form? If Hungarian, couldn't they tell you where to get it? If UK, I believe you need to fill in the form that I linked to in my previous reply. If UK, it is no longer called the E104.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

not sure we lived in Spain so dont quite know where we go for this I have looked on the website and it does not give you an E104 dowload
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

The E104 does not exist any more - this is the replacement for it. It is to prove national insurance contributions.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by riahun
Hi Rural

Regarding the EU medical card, when we were in Kaposvar, they asked for it and my partner's just expired. My in-laws didn't even had them with them but the clerk wasn't worried at all. As I said they all just had to sign a form to take full responsibility for their medical needs and that was that.

After you have your Hungarian address card, you can go to the Health Office and ask for a "taj" card. My in-laws were all right and after the forms (S1 I think) were sent off, they got their cards in the post. Steve is on a private pension so he is not covered here by NHS, that's why they wanted him to prove his address for the past year - no idea why this is important though. We still haven't heard back so it's in the process but once we get the forms through, he can pay for his medical card ~5000 Fts a month and he is covered here. However, if you need to pay for your medical, you will need a tax identification number first. That's no big deal, just ask a form from the tax office, fill it out, send a copy of your passport, address card and registration card and they'll send your tax number back to your address.

The problem is everything is tied to something else. You need medical, so you need a tax number and for that you need an address card but to get an address card you need to register with the Immigration Office first...

Never mind, one day it'll come to an end.
Can you tell me where you got your form from for medical?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Hi Klarika

Sorry not to be any help to you but when I called HMRC, I was told they didn't have any E104 forms any more so I called the Hungarian Health Service (OEP) to tell them that, they said they would ask for it for us. This all started a while back and we still haven't got it so it might not be the best option.

I rang them last week to ask what was going on and they said they hadn't heard from them so they would send another form off to nudge them. Problem is the Hungarian Health service only deals with Hungarian forms so I am not sure if anyone understands them in the UK.

Not sure what would be best and was a bit tired of it all to be honest so I just thought I'd wait and see what would happen. Maybe I should start calling NHS and sort it out but I got to a dead end and just felt frustrated with it all.

If you get any luck, please let me know too.

Ria
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yes will do it does seem to be a grey area. We lived in Spain and paid our contributions there but they dont have E104 forms either. Will keep you informed.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Ria, just sent you a message

The "new E104" form can be downloaded from the link above, in case you need it. It won't help Klarika though as she needs the Spanish equivalent
Old Jan 30th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Well still can not get a spanish equivelant E104 form but good news is that the immigraton office in Kaposvar have been really helpful they said they would sort out so fingers crossed will keep you posted
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by klarika
Well still can not get a spanish equivelant E104 form but good news is that the immigraton office in Kaposvar have been really helpful they said they would sort out so fingers crossed will keep you posted
Got residencia no problem and whats more it came pretty quick the office we went to was Kaposvar they seemed really helpful they are even helping us get the medical card form from Spain ( fingers crossed )it's a shame is doesnt sound like all the offices offer the same customer care.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:29 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hmmm, will be interesting to see if they get it for you.............
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yes hope so Tamas from BDI has been sorting it to be honest he sent a short letter and copies of Hungarian residencia and copies of Spanish healthcards etc which is all the lady has asked for so watch this space I suppose
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:47 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I thought she asked for the E104
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:57 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by riahun
Hi Klarika

Not sure what would be best and was a bit tired of it all to be honest so I just thought I'd wait and see what would happen. Maybe I should start calling NHS and sort it out but I got to a dead end and just felt frustrated with it all.

Ria
What you should do is approach the person dealing with it as they leave the office. "Speak" nicely to them and miraculously - rightly or wrongly - it will be discovered that you don't actually need any forms

Obviously, I am not advocating this
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

well although she was very helpful she didnt look that approachable
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Austin Allegro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - so good to read all these interesting posts.

I'm living in Hungary at my Hungarian girlfriend's place, but returning to the UK for three months of each year.

I'm working online for a British company and being paid to a UK bank in sterling.

After filling in a load of forms and getting confusing, conflicting advice from HMRC and NI, I have now received a letter from HMRC saying I am to remain resident for tax in the UK.

My Hungarian girlfriend has spoken to some bureaucrats in Hungary and she says I need to produce form A1 (certificate of payment of tax) to get my resident's permit if I want to stay longer than 90 days.

Form A1 is supposed to come from NICO International Caseworker - I and my employer filled in the forms but haven't heard anything yet.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any point even bothering to get a resident's permit? My phone is in my girlfriend's name and I've already managed to get medical treatment with my EHIC card.

2. Can I, therefore, use my EHIC card here indefinitely and when it expires just renew it and have it sent to my UK address, to all intents and purposes remaining a tourist in Hungary? Form A1 apparently is only issued by NICO for up to five years' validity - but nowhere on any website does it say what you are supposed to do after five years, even though I will still be paying full tax and NI to the UK!

Any thoughts gratefully recieved!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.