Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Renewing Hungarian Driving Licence

Renewing Hungarian Driving Licence

Old Jan 10th 2019, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Hungarian Driving Licence

At least the doctor is taking the trouble above and beyond to get you sorted.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
At least the doctor is taking the trouble above and beyond to get you sorted.
​​​​​​​Yes …. he is being very helpful and hopefully all will be well !
Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

You never lose your national insurance number. How do I know this because I still have to fill in a Uk tax return every year and one of the identifiers is your NI number. Also when I went back for some urgent medical treatment and had to ‘reside’ again in the UK I used my NI number. So don’t worry that you are going to lose that.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Decided to change mine as well.
Visited the young lady at the council office who photo copied residence card and the plastic part of my English licence, she didn't want the paper part. only comment was that I should have changed it in the first 6 months of moving here.
Come back in two weeks.....
So we shall see! - watch this space :-)
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:09 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cathyg
You never lose your national insurance number. How do I know this because I still have to fill in a Uk tax return every year and one of the identifiers is your NI number. Also when I went back for some urgent medical treatment and had to ‘reside’ again in the UK I used my NI number. So don’t worry that you are going to lose that.
You won't lose the NI number associated with you - it's for life.

What you lose when you declare yourself non-resident in the UK/ live permanently outside the UK is your right to UK NHS treatment on the same basis as UK residents. If you get found out, you'll get billed 150% of the cost of treatment. The way round it if you are resident in Hungary is get a Hungarian EHIC card and present that before treatment in the UK (or your health insurance). https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...ital-care.html

Moving back to the UK - once you've been UK resident for 6 months you qualify for free NHS care again.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Pensioners have a UK issued EHIC
Old Jan 11th 2019, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, All !
Collected my medical certificate today, went to the government office and all was sorted … the girl in the office was good fun and between us, not speaking each others language, all was done …. should have my Hungarian licence in a week or so !!
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic but not worth starting a new thread for :

Saw this on a Hungary based FB site today -

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 4:32 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Slightly off topic but not worth starting a new thread for :

Saw this on a Hungary based FB site today -

Speaking of this topic.. I purchased a scooter off a dealer last summer and never did anything with it either because the battery died and I had a bunch of stuff going on at the time, I got some paperwork with the bike from the bike shop, Am I obligated to do anything with the paperwork? Like go to a government office and transfer the thing into my name? I do intend to eventually get the thing road worthy but I want to wait until May, Am I causing the bike shop or the last owner problems by waiting? If it matters its a 49cc Yamaha.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Afaik scooters only need insurance - you never see a real "licence plate" on them (at least if they're under 50 ccm).
Ask your insurance guy about this.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Renewing Hungarian Driving Licence

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Speaking of this topic.. I purchased a scooter off a dealer last summer and never did anything with it either because the battery died and I had a bunch of stuff going on at the time, I got some paperwork with the bike from the bike shop, Am I obligated to do anything with the paperwork? Like go to a government office and transfer the thing into my name? I do intend to eventually get the thing road worthy but I want to wait until May, Am I causing the bike shop or the last owner problems by waiting? If it matters its a 49cc Yamaha.
Yes it matters that it is a 49cc whatever. At 49cc (less than 50cc) it is a 'kismotor' or segédmotor in English an auxiliary motor aka a moped. It is not classed as a motor vehicle so as such it does not need a number plate or MOT, it does however need insurance, I can't remember how much but I think less than 10,000huf/year. To get insurance you will need the bill of sale. When I got one some years back I just took the bill of sale and I think some paperwork showing the chassis number (plus of course my id card, address card and my mothers maiden name!!) to the insurance shop, bought some insurance and started to drive it.

At the time you did not need a crash hat in town but did outside town limits but as a motor cyclist for 50 years I always wear a bone dome an would advise anyone else to do the same (they might have changed the helmet rule by now)
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 12:04 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I already bought a helmet, I plan to insure the thing and submit the documents in May, I just want to use it in my little village, no trips probably more than 3-4 km tops. I always was a avid helmet user, I won't ride without one off my property.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

When buying/selling a vehicle in Hungary there are 4 copies of the transfer document. The buyer and seller each walk away with 2 copies and must present these at their chosen okmányiroda within 15 days. That way if either party fails to present their documents at least the other party is covered. As a seller, it's your responsibility to make sure you have notified the authorities that you no longer own a vehicle.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
When buying/selling a vehicle in Hungary there are 4 copies of the transfer document. The buyer and seller each walk away with 2 copies and must present these at their chosen okmányiroda within 15 days. That way if either party fails to present their documents at least the other party is covered. As a seller, it's your responsibility to make sure you have notified the authorities that you no longer own a vehicle.
Mopeds (less than 50cc) don't have any registration. You just buy one and get it insured. The insurance co. will want to see the bill of sale and the chassis number
Old Sep 11th 2019, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

could anyone tell me what the medical cetificate I need to exchange my licence for a Hungarian one is called and do I get it from my local GP?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.