Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Registration Card

Registration Card

Old May 20th 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registration Card

We went to Szombathely today for Registration and Address Cards, took a whole 20 mins ... well chuffed now, just waiting for address card now to arrive within two weeks.

Things are looking up now, we also bought another house and had plans to extend drawn up and passed within 4 weeks ...... happy happy happy

Michael/Julie
Old May 22nd 2015, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Hungary Hippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Registration Card

Congratulations - I'm really pleased for you. Things seemed to go smoothly, which I gather is a rare thing in Hungary.
Old May 27th 2015, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

angolmagyar is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant news for you. Yes here in Hungary things have changed massively for the better as initiating thes things are so much easier than even 5 years ago and the staff are so much pleasanter as well.
Regards
AM
Old May 27th 2015, 2:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kohoutek
We went to Szombathely today for Registration and Address Cards, took a whole 20 mins ... well chuffed now, just waiting for address card now to arrive within two weeks.

Things are looking up now, we also bought another house and had plans to extend drawn up and passed within 4 weeks ...... happy happy happy

Michael/Julie
OMG so you are really going for it Are the children moving over as well? Best of luck.
Old May 27th 2015, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been said before:

You can get a registration card (cim kartya) as an EU citizen for a "secondary address" while keeping your "primary addess" somewhere else, in GB or Germany eg.

Then you pay less tax on your house, can vote in local elections - but can't (at least officially) get a Hungarian licence plate for your car.
Old May 27th 2015, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi The registration card is not the Lakcim Card but what a none Hungarian would get if wanting to reside here in Hungary. You will also have to have proof of regular income to get this registration card, income can be pensions or anything.
However the same none hungarian national can still have a Lakcim Card without a registration card. This lakcim card only says that you are registered to that address and does not give you indefinite leave / permission to fully reside here in Hungary.
Hope this helps.
Regards
AM
Old May 27th 2015, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, angyolmagyar - so it seems I interpreted this "registration card" wrong maybe?

My card says:

Regisztrációsigazolás EGT állampolgár részére
Old May 27th 2015, 3:00 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Thanks, angyolmagyar - so it seems I interpreted this "registration card" wrong maybe?

My card says:

Regisztrációsigazolás EGT állampolgár részére
That's the registration card Wolfi, the Lakcim Card is the address card. We had one of them years ago but it was stolen in Germany or France - can't remember which.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Rural Hungary (we got visitors, so I couldn't reply earlier ...)!

I don't remember however them asking me for proof of income or whatever - seems I'm getting old.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

My wife only this year applied in person for the registration card and we did not have proof of income with us and we told at the customs hivatal office where we had to go that it would not be issued without proof of income, so we returned home to come back to them within the hour while the official held the already completed paperwork, on return to the office and proof of private pension shown the Registration card was issued on the spot.
Brilliant service.
Old May 27th 2015, 5:48 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by wolfi
Thanks, Rural Hungary (we got visitors, so I couldn't reply earlier ...)!

I don't remember however them asking me for proof of income or whatever - seems I'm getting old.
We managed to acquire one, about 6 or 7 years ago, when purchasing our house and to this day I am unsure how but we rolled with it. When it was stolen, along with my purse and everything else in it, trying to get a replacement was a different ball game!
Old May 27th 2015, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

...I have found that many procedure here in Hungary can vary from office to office / person to person so if having difficulty at say a certain office then its worth a trip to another office and you can at times find that office can proceed with what you have ???.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
OMG so you are really going for it Are the children moving over as well? Best of luck.
Hi Rural, are you back in Hungary now?
We bought another house in neighbouring village which was built in 1957, so use the house in Nick as a base, just had the plans for extension passed, so now looking for people to help us out with the build.
Natalie and Jack want to stay in England, so we will not sell the house here, Jack finishes school next week after his final exams, Hoping to wrap up here in next 22 months so i can retire at 60.
We should receive the address card this week, was told it would be approx two weeks after we got the registration cards.
Had to sign a form to say I would look after Julie and not take anything out of the Hungarian State, although we are entitled to Health Care. Showed them Passport, Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Bank Statements and house deeds to say we paid the tax on it.
We went to a coffee house for a drink, then went back and all was done.
Helped the guy spoke some English .. lol

Be back over in July for three weeks and also got tickets for the F1 at Hungaroring ... happy times

Michael/Julie
Attached Thumbnails Registration Card-p1070419.jpg   Registration Card-p1070420.jpg  
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hungary Hippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of interest, how much did the F1 tickets cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Here in Eger. We got the registration card on the spot. The address card came in the post.
However had to pop back with the card when it arrived as there was a mistake in the address and the card was renewed on the spot after proof of correct details.
Good luck with you project.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.