British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Registering for state healthcare in Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/registering-state-healthcare-hungary-795797/)

fidobsa Sep 5th 2013 2:59 pm

Re: Registering for state healthcare in Hungary

I wonder if I could go to the Veszprem office or can it only be done at the local one?

mawood47 Sep 5th 2013 6:00 pm

Do we realy have kneed to Regester in to the Hungaryen Health Care, after the last four years I have only used my EHIC as now just out of Pulmonology Hospital, can not foult in there spedynes in detecting and Treating Pneumonia the waiting time in CTV Scane 48 hrs to give the disorder but all so found I have got adnormal size Hart problem this will get fixt and in past problems after Cancer Tretment in Uk there was no problem in resovling the problem, give the prase whot can be fixt we can seed to me many times at no cost just hand over your EHIC digger

fidobsa Sep 20th 2013 4:43 pm

Finally got my Hatósági Igazolvány card today. It involved going to 2 offices, as I had to go to the tax office first, then the place that issues the card. I had already asked by email so had been given the details of the offices, opening hours etc in Zalaegeszeg. The satnav was not much help at finding them as neither building number was in it's database. In the case of the tax office it is at 2 Balatoni utca. The nearest the satnav had was No. 6 so I parked there, in Lidl car park. No. 2 turned out to be over a mile from No. 6 and is opposite the bus station.

Pollypaprika Sep 20th 2013 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 10910204)
Finally got my Hatósági Igazolvány card today. It involved going to 2 offices, as I had to go to the tax office first, then the place that issues the card. I had already asked by email so had been given the details of the offices, opening hours etc in Zalaegeszeg. The satnav was not much help at finding them as neither building number was in it's database. In the case of the tax office it is at 2 Balatoni utca. The nearest the satnav had was No. 6 so I parked there, in Lidl car park. No. 2 turned out to be over a mile from No. 6 and is opposite the bus station.

Well done! You are like the intrepid explorer of Hungarian bureaucracy :thumbup:

Rural Hungary Sep 20th 2013 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 10910204)

Glad you got it sorted Fib:thumbup:

fidobsa Oct 14th 2013 5:46 am

I have had a letter with a bunch of yellow cheques and it looks like they are expecting to backdate my payments to January 2013. I don't know if this is just standard practice and you can only pay in complete years. It seems unfair as I refrained from using any services up to the time I applied for the card. The only time I had been to a doctor was for the medical for my driving licence renewal. For that I still had a valid EHIC card and I had to pay in any case. Does anyone know if I do have to pay these extra payments?

Rural Hungary Oct 14th 2013 11:34 am

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 10943171)
I have had a letter with a bunch of yellow cheques and it looks like they are expecting to backdate my payments to January 2013. I don't know if this is just standard practice and you can only pay in complete years. It seems unfair as I refrained from using any services up to the time I applied for the card. The only time I had been to a doctor was for the medical for my driving licence renewal. For that I still had a valid EHIC card and I had to pay in any case. Does anyone know if I do have to pay these extra payments?

Are they dated Fib? If so, when did you obtain residency?

fidobsa Oct 16th 2013 3:21 pm

It is now sorted. It turned out the list of dates is just the payment deadline for different months. I only have to pay from September onwards.

judybaby Feb 3rd 2014 3:35 pm

After my previous contributions to this post I got my residual S1 from the uK and was issued with a Taj card. This has now run out.

Where does it say in the Hungarian system that a person who is NOT receiving a state pension but IS receiving an employment pension is entitled to join the health system here free?

Everyone expat or Hungarian,I speak to say this is NOT true. I don't mind paying as it is only 6000 huf per month for an excellent service, but I want to make sure of the facts.

Hope someone can clear this up for me as I'M really confused.com!:confused:

richardmc Feb 3rd 2014 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by judybaby (Post 11111012)
After my previous contributions to this post I got my residual S1 from the uK and was issued with a Taj card. This has now run out.

Where does it say in the Hungarian system that a person who is NOT receiving a state pension but IS receiving an employment pension is entitled to join the health system here free?

Everyone expat or Hungarian,I speak to say this is NOT true. I don't mind paying as it is only 6000 huf per month for an excellent service, but I want to make sure of the facts.

Hope someone can clear this up for me as I'M really confused.com!:confused:

Hello Judybaby if you are not in receipt of a UK state pension you have to pay until you are receiving UK pension whatever age you are.

Rural Hungary Feb 3rd 2014 3:52 pm

Only NHS pensions paid by a local authority will be classed as a "government pension", this I think was the qualifier for the comment Peter made.
If working here, not sure if you would have to pay even if the pension qualified.

judybaby Feb 3rd 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks Richard. Cleared up for me.:thumbsup:

fidobsa Jan 22nd 2015 12:08 pm

I have been meaning to get an EHIC card for some time and even printed out the form and started filling it in. Today I had to go to Zalaegerszeg to buy a wheelie bin to replace my stolen bin (I could have got one in OBI in Nagykanizsa but they charge a lot more). While there I went into the office that deals with state health insurance and handed in my form. It was the usual numbered ticket system for the queue but I only had to wait about 10 minutes for my number to come up. I was gobsmacked by the efficiency, 2 minutes later I was walking out with my newly printed card, valid to 21/01/2018. :thumbsup:

FenTiger Jan 24th 2015 8:13 am

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 11541500)
I have been meaning to get an EHIC card for some time and even printed out the form and started filling it in. Today I had to go to Zalaegerszeg to buy a wheelie bin to replace my stolen bin (I could have got one in OBI in Nagykanizsa but they charge a lot more). While there I went into the office that deals with state health insurance and handed in my form. It was the usual numbered ticket system for the queue but I only had to wait about 10 minutes for my number to come up. I was gobsmacked by the efficiency, 2 minutes later I was walking out with my newly printed card, valid to 21/01/2018. :thumbsup:

Wheelie bin stolen ..... have you got any suspects? How much is a wheelie bin in OBI?

fidobsa Jan 24th 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by FenTiger (Post 11543905)
Wheelie bin stolen ..... have you got any suspects? How much is a wheelie bin in OBI?

I'm not very popular in the village these days, I think they all expected me to be able to speak the language by now. I suppose they think I'm not making the effort to integrate. It could therefore have been any number of people. As it happened just after the New Year celebrations it might have been some prank by drunken revelers so I hoped it might turn up at some point. The new bin cost 10,600 Ft, if I recall correctly the same one was 17,000 Ft in OBI.