Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Raw feeding dogs

Raw feeding dogs

Old Oct 18th 2019, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Raw feeding dogs

Originally Posted by wolfi
We got our dog from the gardener who worked for us as a baby and .......
Child labour has been outlawed.....

Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Peter, sometimes I'm stymied by the differences in word order between English and German ..
That's one of the reasons I'm here - to help me there.
Rather OT - an example:
She has eaten the bread = Sie hat das Brot gegessen.
All the words are similar, but we use a different "logic" in German.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Peter, I have to agree re treatments of animals. We got our dog from the gardener who worked for us as a baby and when I later asked about his sisters and the mother I was told that he had them shot because of some illness ...
Taking them to the vet would have been to expensive.
Luckily most people now treat their dogs alright - when we go to our vet in Keszthely there are always people waiting.
Re chicken feet and other bones:
My wife often buys a hen or a rooster from our neighbour - most of the parts go into making soup and the well cooked "maradek" are for the cats and dogs. Since we lost our dog to old age the neighbours' dogs can count themselves happy - whenever we walk by they're standing at thefence waiting ...
My wife's parents feed the neighbours dog every day. Seems the neighbours don't feed their dog enough as it's always looked pretty thin.
Vets - friends in Hungary have learnt from us it's important to have their dog treated for worms, etc. They never bothered with any previous dog.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

The good news:
More and more people care for their dogs, have them treated for fleas etc too ...
Here's an interesting study that warns against the dangers of "barfing" that I just found:
https://www.media.uzh.ch/en/Press-Re...19/Barfen.html
Old Oct 20th 2019, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Vets - friends in Hungary have learnt from us it's important to have their dog treated for worms, etc. They never bothered with any previous dog.
All the dogs in our village get a worming tablet along with their annual rabies jab.

Old Oct 20th 2019, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Same here - but only the dogs that are brought by their owners to the vet who visits ...
Many dogs never leave the garden where they are chained to a tree though this also forbidden ...
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

This is the shop I was telling you about in Miskolc where you can buy raw food for Archie. Goldie Allateledel szakuzlet. Unfortunately they don't deliver.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...0233002671862/

You can order Barf online from Hell Dog Allateledel who deliver all over Hungary.

HELL DOG Állateledel

There's also another BARF supplier (can't remember the name at the moment) who delivers to Miskolc but you have to collect late afternoon from the Auchan car park on your side of Miskolc.

I feed my two a mixture of raw, home cooked, canned and dry. When you're here permanently I'll give you a list of all the pet food shops I buy from if you like.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
All the dogs in our village get a worming tablet along with their annual rabies jab.
Same here - but only the dogs that are brought by their owners to the vet who visits ...
Many dogs never leave the garden where they are chained to a tree though this also forbidden ...
All dogs get an annual rabies jab - its the law - and councils are usually quite particular about this. If dogs are not brought to the 'jab site' then the vet will visit the home - and charge extra.

And yes you are right about chaining up dogs permanently being forbidden. This law is complied with about as much as the one that forbids the use of mobile phones whilst driving

Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Just had a thought.

Why don't you join the Pet Forum Community which is UK based. Some very knowledgeable dog owners (as well as other pets) are members and they're a really friendly and helpful group of people.

https://www.petforums.co.uk

Last edited by Sachina; Oct 22nd 2019 at 10:38 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We usually buy all our dry food online from www.grandopet.hu
It works out much cheaper than buying from a pet shop. Delivery is within 2 days and they have one BARF product.
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
We usually buy all our dry food online from www.grandopet.hu
It works out much cheaper than buying from a pet shop. Delivery is within 2 days and they have one BARF product.
I buy online mostly from Zooplus because I like some of their "own" products. https://www.zooplus.hu/?gclid=EAIaIQ...SAAEgJz7fD_BwE

Or from Okosgazdi who are not expensive, have a great selection and often deliver the following day. https://okosgazdi.hu/
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
This is the shop I was telling you about in Miskolc where you can buy raw food for Archie. Goldie Allateledel szakuzlet. Unfortunately they don't deliver.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...0233002671862/

You can order Barf online from Hell Dog Allateledel who deliver all over Hungary.

HELL DOG Állateledel

There's also another BARF supplier (can't remember the name at the moment) who delivers to Miskolc but you have to collect late afternoon from the Auchan car park on your side of Miskolc.

I feed my two a mixture of raw, home cooked, canned and dry. When you're here permanently I'll give you a list of all the pet food shops I buy from if you like.
Will look up all the above once we are in Hungary. Looks like I'll have lots of excuses to go out in the car. Here in UK the buses are really good and costs me nothing because I have what's called a 'Freedom Pass' so the car has a very low mileage!
Old Nov 11th 2019, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Will look up all the above once we are in Hungary. Looks like I'll have lots of excuses to go out in the car. Here in UK the buses are really good and costs me nothing because I have what's called a 'Freedom Pass' so the car has a very low mileage!
Once you reach 65 all public transport iis free throughout Hungary. Costs me nothing to travel by train from Miskolc to Budapest and back. My granddaughter who's 23 gets a reduction as she's a student.!
Old Nov 11th 2019, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not to be pedantic but over 65 public transport is almost free. There is a small fee to pay if a bus goes on a motorway (it cost me 300 fts to do the 150km to Budapest) Unfortunately this charge (at a smaller amount) is also made for any part of the route that the service takes so a trip to the next village incurs a charge if the bus happens to be a long distance bus. The buses that have this supplementary charge are identified both on the bus and on the timetable so if you choose your service you can avoid the supplementary charges.. I believe inter-city trains also have this charge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.