Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Rather handy Ryanair CS staff are based in Hungary

Rather handy Ryanair CS staff are based in Hungary

Old Jun 5th 2023, 9:33 am
Banned

Bill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rather handy Ryanair CS staff are based in Hungary

So my flight + son as well got delayed by more than 3 hrs, they actually diverted us BUD from Bristol to Birmingham as BRS staff had gone to bed, it was the middle of the night. TBF the bus back to BRS was efficient and I had a good old chinwag with a fellow passenger - though my poor wife had to sleep in the car for about 6 hrs, waiting to pick us up - luckily I had told her to bring pillows and duvets (for me & son) so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Anyway - of course I claimed the EU261 compo, EUR 400 for more than 3 hrs delay.

Ryanair have hummed and ha'ed for a bit, this was a straightforward case, where a plane went tech so they had to bring in another one from Bologna, nothing to do with weather or extraordinary circumstances.

Luckily I noticed that the 2 lads asking me for more information (ie obfuscating and hoping I would go away) were Hungarian, so I sent them nice jolly stuff in Hungarian.

As you'd expect - 2 x EUR 400 landed in my bank a/c just the other day
Old Jun 5th 2023, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rather handy Ryanair CS staff are based in Hungary

Always worth doing and doing it yourself ! I had a 24 hour delay on a flight to Jakarta and claimed for that, no argument, they just paid up ... and a friend of mine who was travelling in a group of 6 which she booked with the same airline and also travelling to Jakarta was also delayed for 24 hours but was getting nowhere with the airline so she asked for my help ... it took me a couple of weeks but they paid out ! Despite me politely declining any reward for helping her to get the claim paid out, she insisted on giving me 50% of the pay out !