Ragweed Season

Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:48 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ragweed Season

Just a reminder that the ragweed is flowering again and municipalities are clamping down this year with fines of up to 5 million ft, depending on the size of your land.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Just a reminder that the ragweed is flowering again and municipalities are clamping down this year with fines of up to 5 million ft, depending on the size of your land.
Ouch. How much do you have to have to get a fine? We have a few bits here and there...but nothing major. And not yet flowering as we have done our best to keep it down this year. Last year (when we didnt know about it) we half a field full of the stuff and quite rightly got a letter...
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:18 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if the fines are per amount of ragweed or per amount of land with ragweed - if you see the difference.

For the interior areas, they start at 15,00ft for 50m2 through 100,000ft for 200m2 to 5 million ft for a hectare.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Not sure if the fines are per amount of ragweed or per amount of land with ragweed - if you see the difference.

For the interior areas, they start at 15,00ft for 50m2 through 100,000ft for 200m2 to 5 million ft for a hectare.
Hmm thanks. I think you do get a warning first.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:26 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

You should get a warning letter from the mayors office giving a date by which it must be removed. Not that we would ever get one as the mayors fields are full of the stuff!!
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Further up my street there are only houses on one side, the other side has patches where the verge is a forest of ragweed:

Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:33 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

when it is on municipality land - especially as some owners are being sent letters for a few feet of it.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what will happen this year, as there seems to be ragweed in flower everywhere. With all the wet weather I just can't cope with it but I don't think anyone can. I notice that one cereal field has been harvested and the straw just left to rot rather than getting baled. I'm wondering if the straw is no good because of all the ragweed mixed in it.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I don't know what will happen this year, as there seems to be ragweed in flower everywhere. With all the wet weather I just can't cope with it but I don't think anyone can. I notice that one cereal field has been harvested and the straw just left to rot rather than getting baled. I'm wondering if the straw is no good because of all the ragweed mixed in it.
Its a nightmare! This time last year, although we had ragweed which we could control, it was also a case of scorched earth as opposed to grass. Now with all the rain everything needs strimming, mowing etc.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this known locally as Parlagfu? We never gardened in the UK so only know the name of things in Hungarian, looks the same and it does seem very pervasive this year although I had managed to clear it all before I left for the UK.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 4:11 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by llareggub
Is this known locally as Parlagfu? We never gardened in the UK so only know the name of things in Hungarian, looks the same and it does seem very pervasive this year although I had managed to clear it all before I left for the UK.
Yes, that's it and it is indeed everywhere this year....... Some people with asthma and hayfever are really struggling this year