Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Puting down some roots....

Puting down some roots....

Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice
Default Puting down some roots....

Goodmorning everyone.....I`ve just `clicked over` from the Welcome section and would now like to ask....Can anyone tell me anything about GALAMBOK ?, West of Lake Balaton, near to Zalakaros...or any other village with infrastrucure and reasonably close to a town. We hope to visit West Transdanubia later in the year, as this is the area, I think, we would be most interested in. Having said that, South of the lake seems nice too ! ...any suugestions ?. Although we hope to buy, we will be renting for a while first so as to find our right spot. All comments would be valuable. Thankyou.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:27 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puting down some roots....

Hi Evie and welcome to the Hungarian section, glad you made it over. Galambok is a large village, it has a butchers and is near Zalakoras. Personally, I wouldn't buy there but everyone is different and it might be to your liking.

I would look to the North or the West of the lake - the North being somewhat more expensive closer to the lake. Depending on how close you want to be to the lake, the Zala hills area 30-40 minutes from the lake (to the East) and carrying on to the Slovenian border, has many small thermal spas, lakes and forests. The villages are all well maintained and many of the larger ones have ample facilities, properties are still very reasonable in this area. If your budget stretches to it, the area to the North is scenic, especially around Rezi, Zsalazanto and Heviz.

Definitely a good idea to come and rent for a while.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Mar 5th 2011 at 8:36 am.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

Thankyou Rural.....I will be looking them up.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

derbycold is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,we have a place in ballatonbrenny,thats a nice little place,very nice resurants and hotels,walks in the winefields,lake activities etc.happy to talk to you if you pm me your number.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Derbycold, Thankyou for the suggestion, I will be looking it up and hopefully be in touch. Also, welcome to the forum....