Property tax

Old May 27th 2022, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

xavierx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property tax

Is the annual property tax (per m2) worked out on the footprint of a building ground floor, or is it charged on total m2 including any attic rooms?

Many thanks
Old May 27th 2022, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Property tax

Also if anyone does not mind sharing the information, I would appreciate hearing how much you are paying for property tax per year / your property size and the area you are in.
Obviously by private message if you don't want to share that information publicly

Thankyou
Old May 27th 2022, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If by property tax you mean community charge this is defined by each council for its area (within guidelines) so asking others may not be much help other than a rough guide.
You get the opportunity to pay in 2 halves, but we always pay the lot in one go because we always forget the second half and get reminders and a late payment fee.
Ours is less than 20,000huf/ year (I can't remember the exact amount) but doesn't include the bin collection which is circa 3000huf / 1/4 year.
We have a 4 bed detached house but this is external to the village boundary.
Every time I tell someone in the UK what our community charge is they fall over in amazement.
Old May 27th 2022, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou Peter, you are always very helpful.

To find out for a specific property, I guess I am going to have to hire a translator and visit the local council/tax office. It appears that this is something the estate agents never know the answer to. I'm spending a couple of weeks viewing properties in about 3 months time.

One of the properties we are viewing on our next trip is the yellow tanya you actually sent me a link to some time ago. My wife likes that one

Kind regards
Old May 27th 2022, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xavierx
To find out for a specific property, I guess I am going to have to hire a translator and visit the local council/tax office. It appears that this is something the estate agents never know the answer to. I'm spending a couple of weeks viewing properties in about 3 months time.
The community charge here is generally so low that it will IMO never be a deal breaker.
Old May 27th 2022, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
The community charge here is generally so low that it will IMO never be a deal breaker.
The reason I am concerned is that all the articles I can find on google say that building tax is up to 3.6% the value of the property or 1100huf per m2, and I am looking at houses in the 400-600m2 range and pensions in the 1000-1500m2 range, so that would be alot of tax.

Example taken from here :-

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/hun...property-taxes

Old May 27th 2022, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you are referring to the individual property land tax and not the general community charge ?
Old May 27th 2022, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, the building tax (építményadó ) is stated as being an average of 1100huf per m2 on multiple sources
Old May 27th 2022, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember the size of my house and garden but reasonably big ... I think I pay about 25,000 or so per year although can't remember off hand ...
Old May 27th 2022, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

So far the answers I am hearing are good 😉
Old May 31st 2022, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

We have two houses in an area close to Keszthely, one that is 150m2, but there is a 40m2 'discount' for each permanent resident, we pay about 26,000ft p.a. The other with no permanent resident discounts 100m2, we pay about 40,000ft p.a. This does not include rubbish collection.