Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Police chase in Kaposvar, Hungary

Police chase in Kaposvar, Hungary

Old Jun 14th 2023, 12:42 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police chase in Kaposvar, Hungary

Video posted on YouTube by the Hungarian Rendorszeg in Kaposvar of the chase of a unlicensed drunk driver. He should have called a taxi. Ouch that was an expensive mistake. Hungary has zero tolerance for drunk driving.

Old Jun 14th 2023, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police chase in Kaposvar, Hungary

If you want more info:
https://dailynewshungary.com/video-a...ge-in-hungary/
This also describes the problem with motorcyclists going crazy - we have that too near Esztergom.
And don't even think about those speeders in our "30 km/h" zone.
if they checked this with radar stations like in Germany they would make lots of money.
It's high time the police did more!
PS:
Haven't been to Britain for a while - how's the situation there?

Last edited by wolfi; Jun 14th 2023 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 7:35 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

The road I live on has a wanna be Formula1 driver (actually a guy that drives down the street about 60kph) that I have been unsuccesful at getting him stopped by the police nor been successful getting a couple of speed breakers installed. There are children on this road and I fear he will hit one of them sooner or later.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

On two streets we have "sleeping policemen" which limits the speed for most people - probably some high ranking people live there who don't want to be disturbed.
But the other streets?
And don't even think about the piles of garbage on both sides of the street ...
Old Jun 14th 2023, 8:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by wolfi
On two streets we have "sleeping policemen" which limits the speed for most people - probably some high ranking people live there who don't want to be disturbed.
But the other streets?

Luckily my village does not have a garbage problem. (I think sleeping policeman and speed breakers are the same thing..correct?)
Old Jun 15th 2023, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

There are speed cameras in most of the villages on the main highway to Miskolc and very often the police are out in force stopping and fining drivers for speeding. Very rarely you see anyone driving above 50kph through a village around here as it's just not worth it!.

Being an agricultural area you meet more tractors than cars on the roads.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 7:21 am
Banned

There are some speed cameras about in the Kaposvar area but my village is off one of the the main highways and there are none in the village or on the road that exits the highway headed toward this village. The village has a few cameras along the main road in the village but as far as I know they mainly watch the village shop and the church.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
The road I live on has a wanna be Formula1 driver (actually a guy that drives down the street about 60kph) that I have been unsuccesful at getting him stopped by the police nor been successful getting a couple of speed breakers installed. There are children on this road and I fear he will hit one of them sooner or later.
My deceased parents-in-law road always been very quiet but since new properties (villas) were built further up the hill those owners drive pretty fast up the hill. Neighbour opposite has a couple of grandchildren. It's no longer safe for them to play on the road! There's always been more cats than dogs on that road and they are no longer safe from these idiotic drivers!
Thanks god our road on the flat side is much much safer.
Long term I think our property value will massively increase because It's a short road so accelerating fast is not an option!
Old Jun 15th 2023, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
There are speed cameras in most of the villages on the main highway to Miskolc and very often the police are out in force stopping and fining drivers for speeding. Very rarely you see anyone driving above 50kph through a village around here as it's just not worth it!.

Being an agricultural area you meet more tractors than cars on the roads.
In my village, Mályi, there's a crossroads with traffic lights. In the three years I have lived here I have been almost hit by a lunatic .. 6 times ..... seeing the weaving driver afterwards confirms the driver was drunk, on drugs or in a massive hurry to get home!!!
This morning seeing an oncoming car ...car I stopped to allow the driver to pass without any hassle .... I was in no hurry to get home .... bad decision .... the driver was on his mobile phone! Never again ... Next time ... I'll opt for priority ..

Last edited by FenTiger; Jun 15th 2023 at 4:38 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wolfi
But the other streets?
Our village has it's very first One Way street where there is a kindergarten and school. I do not understand the logic. We have friends who live on a side street. Suddenly its very busy because of No Through road towards the school and kindergarten. I think better option Access Only during school hours during term time.
These side streets previously quiet are now busy meaning house values dropped by 5-20% but those properties within school and kindergarten probably increased by 5-20%. Eho is benefiting from this?
Last week I walked my dogs along this new No Through road. Wow - a car drove into the kindergarten car park. I saw the driver in a hurry to go into the kindergarten. I walked around the block and as I headed towards a minor crosswords I saw the same car driving pretty fast and shot across the crossroad and obviously sped up beyond speed limit!!! So my thinking is ... what is the problem? Nothing to do with locals ... it's car drivers outside the village.
I might write a letter to the Mayor .... I don't care if I'm seen as an interfering asshole ... my priority is the people in my, village and their children's safety!