Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Old Jun 25th 2022, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

xavierx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Are you going to show some in progress pics?
Old Jun 26th 2022, 5:29 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xavierx
Are you going to show some in progress pics?

Agree, we would like to see how things are progressing.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Not much to write home about! It's been very much a stop and start project.
Door on left is kitchen door. Every morning since I have a cup of tea looking out at the hills.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Joetography is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking great, it'll be so good to chill out on that terrace on an evening.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 2:02 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Looking better than when you were dealing with the mysterious underground concrete structure in the garden. I cannot wait to see it completed.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joetography
Looking great, it'll be so good to chill out on that terrace on an evening.
I cannot wait to be finally sitting on the terrace.
Looking out of the new doors/window up the hill we find it very calming. Before we had just as per attachment.

The photos from inside looking out don't do it justice. The view is a 'die for killer view' .... I think what we've paid for the doors and window has probably raises the value of our house by double the value for the works we paid. The building boss partner has been here a few times .... I swear .... She'd like her partner to buy our house!!! No way.

Last edited by FenTiger; Jun 26th 2022 at 2:53 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Looking better than when you were dealing with the mysterious underground concrete structure in the garden. I cannot wait to see it completed.
I'm actually flipping mad that what we thought was a septic tank underneath this 1m x 2m slab cover was just soil! The nearby septic tank was filled with old bricks left behind by previous owners plus rubble and soil. I'm so glad we didn't listen to our friends advice to put a garage under the raised terrace. It would have wiped away a huge chunk of our garden and the logistics having discovered the septic tank would have created too many problems.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

the view from lounge .... sorry about the scaffolding. I sometimes get dizzy looking at it!
Old Jun 26th 2022, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

xavierx is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a nice mountainous forest view
Old Jun 26th 2022, 5:42 pm
Banned

Nick, what a view. I have a Forest view as well but another landowner decided to cut a gulley behind my property so his sheep could get to another paddock he owns. Only problem is, he cut it in a Natura 2000 protected zone. Of course no one was happy about it but since he is somehow connected he will likely get away with it.
Old Jun 26th 2022, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger

the view from lounge .... sorry about the scaffolding. I sometimes get dizzy looking at it!
contrast this with buying mother-in-law property which is to the right of what you see .... much better view where we are.... house value increased by 25%
Old Jun 27th 2022, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger
contrast this with buying mother-in-law property which is to the right of what you see .... much better view where we are.... house value increased by 25%
Oops, I should have said my mother-in-law property is up the hill to the right and camouflaged by those trees you see.
I'm at our breakfast table drinking a coffee and looking up to the hills. Very relaxing.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Right now feeling quite annoyed our large stiff bristle brush has gone missing. No idea if builders took it by mistake or was it the window fitters. Doubt it was the latter. Had the broom for fifteen years. Wanted to sweep up mess left by builders and window fitters but no broom!

Last edited by FenTiger; Jun 27th 2022 at 8:58 am.
Old Jun 27th 2022, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

That's a long time to have the same broom !!
​​​​​​
Old Jun 27th 2022, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
That's a long time to have the same broom !!
​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAh8HryVaeY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.