Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Old Apr 6th 2022, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

Old Apr 7th 2022, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans for our new part roofed terrace.

It looks good. What is the width?
Old Apr 7th 2022, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
It looks good. What is the width?
W 7.5m across rear of house and 5.5m .... so 41.25m2. Quite a few neighbouring properties have similar sized terrace.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 6:39 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Looks very nice in the digital rendering, They did a very good job. I hope it brings you many years of happiness soon.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Looks very nice in the digital rendering, They did a very good job. I hope it brings you many years of happiness soon.
To be honest it won't look as fantastic digitally but we can't wait for access at rear of property to give us more privacy. We have a side entrance and that's the only one. At rear will be two, from lounge or kitchen. In lounge there's a CH pipe which needs rerouting and in kitchen radiator needs removing and new smaller radiator added with rerouted CH pipe. Had a plumber here yesterday to find a solution. He was very switched on. Potential future job to change CH and boiler.
There's been a few hiccups as mentioned in other posts but everyone is working to resolve everything.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks szuper, Nick!
Old Apr 7th 2022, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

To be honest this is the house my wife wanted. She didn't like one iota bit of my preferred house which has an extra bedroom, more space, plus two outbuildings, one which could be converted to a granny annexe with another as guest bedroom with bathroom, plus double size our garden. But looking long term I've reined in my wants to think of when we're much older. Bottom line I do not want to move again. Our house with the soon to be new terrace is enough for us.
The bad news for my wife is I might buy a houseboat or barge or narrowboat... Sorry, I'm half kidding ... or am I not.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If the wooden cross beam at the outboard side of the roof was replaced with a steel beam then there would be no need for the two vertical supports in the middle of the terrace so you would have a clear, more useable space.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

If the wooden cross beam at the outboard side of the roof was replaced with a steel beam then there would be no need for the two vertical supports in the middle of the terrace so you would have a clear, more useable space.
That's something we didn't think about! Arrhghh. The roofed terrace part will be 3m. Our hallway is 3.25m, by comparison, I think that covered terrace space is more than enough for us. I've measured our dining room table and space needed for chairs and think the two middle vertical supports won't be in the way.
We had our dining table in middle of hallway on boxing day and there was plenty of space all round so think we'll stick to the current design. Great idea though.

Last edited by FenTiger; Apr 8th 2022 at 1:53 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

So is it too late to modify the plan? 'cos whilst you have enough space fro the table and chairs you will forever be walking around the posts in the middle of the terrace.
Old Apr 9th 2022, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Joetography is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great. I'd love to see a real photo once it's all finished.
Old Apr 11th 2022, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

So is it too late to modify the plan? 'cos whilst you have enough space fro the table and chairs you will forever be walking around the posts in the middle of the terrace.
Just seen your post.
Good point but I think both myself and other half are happy to keep the same design. If we regret it then we'd only have ourselves to blame.
There's been some more digging to find out exactly where the septic tank or whatever it is is located. The diggers have found three slabs with those hoops to lift them up. No plans to do that. They are going to make another hole somewhere so the builder can see inside. Got a feeling we will have to fill it up with concrete. My research states a price of £100-140 per cubic metre depending on grade of cement.
No idea how old the septic tank is but must be atleast 30 years as sister-in-law mentioned they planned to install septic tank about 30 years ago for their house but then found out new mains were being installed in the village so didn't need one.
Arrrggghhh!
Old Apr 11th 2022, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joetography
Looks great. I'd love to see a real photo once it's all finished.
Will do that. The exterior walls need repainting so won't be soon. I need a break and a holiday. The dogs want their garden back.
Old Jun 24th 2022, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just realised I haven't updated you of the latest news on our new terrace.
I will post more this weekend but briefly we've decided the roof will cover the whole terrace. The reason being standing where the current plans for the end of the roof will be there's very little shade so unless we add blinds or curtains we'd get no enjoyment on the new terrace when the sun is beating down. It's only June so what's July and August going to be like. We asked the builders to create a patio rather than have a narrow paved area all around. Within the new fully roofed terrace we will have additional outdoor living space.
The new doors and windows have been fitted. But gotta say I'm not happy with the window sill as it doesn't match with the other windows we had installed. In short the "look" isn't consistent with the other windows.
Old Jun 25th 2022, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I should add the window is smaller than we asked for by 5cm. We were told the width to be cut in the wall. If the window is the correct size that means we cut 5cm too much!!!
Not sure what we can do about it. I think a sum of money should be refunded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.