Planning rules

Old Nov 20th 2020, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Planning rules

We visited the council office a couple of days ago to find out what we can build on the plot where we are living. We had been popping down there every Wednesday for three weeks. Prior to that we went on a Monday which was the wrong day for the guy we needed to speak to. We had not been able to get the information earlier because he was quarantining! All we could do was relay to an office worker the information we needed. She said she will ask and call my wife's sister! Despite SIL relaying the information to us things were not clear so she popped in today. There seems to be two rules what we can do. The total house size must not be more than 30% of the plot (600 sq.m) so we can add an extension to make total of 180 sq.m. for existing house plus extension and no more than thirty metres from the boundary at the front to the end of the extension.
Does the above make sense?
Minimum we'd like 120 sq.m. and maximum 150 sq.m. floor space. 10 sq.m. will be lost due to access to the cellar and boiler being boxed off as unusable space.
I'm not quite sure of the total floor space of the house we are living in although we do have a copy of the floor plan they include room sizes in cubic metres! Quite annoying so I've got to draw up a new plan of the floor space by length and width/depth and sq.m. before we know how much we can add to the existing building.
​​​​​​
Old Nov 21st 2020, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning rules

It is footprint that counts so if you measure the outside width x length of the existing to give m2 then take this away from 180 this gives you the size of extension you can have. - Quite quick to do.

I don't think open verandahs count in the numbers.