Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

NAV owes me money!!

NAV owes me money!!

Old Sep 20th 2018, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default NAV owes me money!!

Just received a letter to say that the tax office owes me money for a change. It says I have to send a form 1817 to claim the money. Anyone know where I can find this form?
Thanks

Old Sep 20th 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NAV owes me money!!

Originally Posted by cathyg
Just received a letter to say that the tax office owes me money for a change. It says I have to send a form 1817 to claim the money. Anyone know where I can find this form?
Thanks

Try

https://www.nav.gov.hu/search/searchresults?query=1817

and click on 1817
Old Sep 20th 2018, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peter. I did this but all I can see is Java programs? am I missing something?
Thanks for your help
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cathyg
all I can see is Java programs? am I missing something?
YES CathyG, it's is called a JAVA program The clue was in their Java Program writing at the top of the page.

Java-alapú programok használata internetkapcsolattal rendelkező számítógépeken
Use Java-based programs on computers with an Internet connection

Java-alapú programok használata internetkapcsolattal nem rendelkező számítógépeken
Use Java-based programs on computers that are not connected to the Internet

Java Program download:
https://www.java.com/en/download/

Install JAVA and then you can (should be able to) open the file......as long as their is nothing wrong with your computer.

Side note: JAVA is not really used these days, partly because it had a bad press years ago as untrustworthy and therefore blocked/disabled by a lot of web browsers and so on, but it will be okay now. I do not think hackers are interested in attacks via java anymore; especially as found loop-holes were subsequently repaired.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Just spotted - If you click on the + (expansion button) on the bottom-left corner (under the two file links - További letöltési lehetőségek - More download options), it will show you the java links/info.

Last edited by Szeged; Sep 20th 2018 at 11:38 am.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow. Thanks. I will use my best IT skills!
Old Sep 20th 2018, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG so have ended up with a ENYK file but don’t know how to open it. Only info I have is that this file ext relates to Hungarian software that uses the Linus OS.
Help!!!

Old Sep 20th 2018, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure this is not spam - and the file contains an aggressive trojan horse?
Wish you luck!
Old Sep 20th 2018, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Cathy, seems you're lucky - I just found the English version:
National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary - Tax
Have you looked at it yet?
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

OK.....I got there in the end (after some cursing and swearing)!!!!

STEP 1: Download and install JAVA (my java link above).
STEP 2: Download two files from Peter's link - Namely: The file under Keretprogramand the WS file
ÁNYK - AbevJava nyomtatványkitöltő program telepítése [18379 KB]
STEP 3: Install the main program - ANYK and then the WS file. Now you will be left with an icon one the desktop. Double click on it to open the main program. The 1817 file will be listed. Click on it and Bob's your uncle.

Last edited by Szeged; Sep 20th 2018 at 4:40 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Keretprogram and
Old Sep 20th 2018, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry. Forgot to say: You open the file (which is embedded in the program, and not a separate file) by opening the main program and then clicking on the TOP-LEFT white button (three papers icon) and select 1817. Click on the green tick button and Shelia's your auntie.

Old Sep 20th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much, I will give it another try tomorrow. Too stressed out now!
whats wrong with a good old PDF???
Old Sep 20th 2018, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Three reasons why

1) The program is a file checker also - If you miss out a section by mistake for example or on purpose (thinking that section does not apply to you for example) and then submit the form, it will normally flag you to make corrections.

2) Perhaps they feel it is safer?

3) If they accept a paper version or printed pdf, they have to hand-type your answers and make manual computations. The submitted form will have its data processed automatically. It works a bit like submitted online forms (i.e. questionnaires and surveys) . The end result for them is a formatted document/data that can be further processed/saved/used.

Good luck with the installation

Saying that. Can you not get a local or local pc shop to install it for you? I cannot see them charging too much. It only took me around 7 minutes to download and install everything.