Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Picking up new car tomorrow

Picking up new car tomorrow

Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picking up new car tomorrow

It took me some time to get used to the gear stick being on the right. Every time I changed gears my left hand twitched but I eventually got the hang of it. New car is automatic so I'm expecting it to take some time to get used to.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 9:48 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picking up new car tomorrow

Nick, what car did your purchase? I forgot, sorry I have been busy with my garden project and getting my new wood burning heater.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Nick, what car did your purchase? I forgot, sorry I have been busy with my garden project and getting my new wood burning heater.
Skoda Kodiaq Style 1.5 TSI.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 10:05 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Skoda Kodiaq Style 1.5 TSI.
That is a nice looking auto and looks very roomy.
Old Jul 16th 2023, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

That is a nice looking auto and looks very roomy.
The dogs will have their own space in the back. Last year when we went to Szilvรกsvรกrad they were on the rear seats and I realised they both couldn't lay down. I was also surprised how full the boot was just for four nights away! I looked at this car before we bought the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross. I thought the Suzuki was a better fit until I got used to driving in Hungary. Whenever I bought something from OBI, Praktiker or Jysk I had to think .... will it fit in my car! If not, then get it delivered.
Old Jul 21st 2023, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

It took me some time to get used to the gear stick being on the right. Every time I changed gears my left hand twitched but I eventually got the hang of it. New car is automatic so I'm expecting it to take some time to get used to.
How is the new car ?
Have you stomped a hole in the floor yet - where the clutch ought to be ?
Is it full of unintelligible electric / electronic gadgets ?
Old Jul 21st 2023, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
How is the new car ?
Have you stomped a hole in the floor yet - where the clutch ought to be ?
Is it full of unintelligible electric / electronic gadgets ?

Fantastic so far. Haha about stomping a hole in the floor where the clutch should be. It has lots of unintelligible electric/electronic gadgets ... the same as our Suzuki SX4 S-Cross. I have changed the Infotainment to English and since starting to find my way round it. I've also linked my mobile to the Infotainment system for navigation. I had forgotten to ask about the navigator when I ordered the car. I am not worried because with our Suzuki the only way to update it was to buy a new SD card with updated maps. I may still have a look at the navigator which should be installed. If I think it's good I might ask for it to be added. I got a hint from the salesman linking to my mobile would be better!
It's a much bigger car than our Suzuki SX4 and so far I haven't had any issues driving it. Maybe parking but once I know where I should align it up I should quickly get to grips with it, plus reversing.
The Suzuki should be gone in a weeks time. My friend needs help from his son to deal with the paperwork and banking arrangements. Sigh .... I do all that kind of stuff on my own!:
The dogs haven't been out in the car yet. It's been too hot. They will have more room in the boot.
One irritation, as with any car, is birds pooping on it!
Old Jul 21st 2023, 2:08 pm
Banned

Fantastic so far. Haha about stomping a hole in the floor where the clutch should be. It has lots of unintelligible electric/electronic gadgets ... the same as our Suzuki SX4 S-Cross. I have changed the Infotainment to English and since starting to find my way round it. I've also linked my mobile to the Infotainment system for navigation. I had forgotten to ask about the navigator when I ordered the car. I am not worried because with our Suzuki the only way to update it was to buy a new SD card with updated maps. I may still have a look at the navigator which should be installed. If I think it's good I might ask for it to be added. I got a hint from the salesman linking to my mobile would be better!
It's a much bigger car than our Suzuki SX4 and so far I haven't had any issues driving it. Maybe parking but once I know where I should align it up I should quickly get to grips with it, plus reversing.
The Suzuki should be gone in a weeks time. My friend needs help from his son to deal with the paperwork and banking arrangements. Sigh .... I do all that kind of stuff on my own!:
The dogs haven't been out in the car yet. It's been too hot. They will have more room in the boot.
One irritation, as with any car, is birds pooping on it!

Congratulations Nick. I hope it provides you many years of great service. I like the colour, hopefully it helps lessen the inside temperatures .
Old Jul 21st 2023, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations from Germany too!
You probably know that Skoda is part of Volkswagen and the technology is shared between all those sub-brands.
Enjoy!
Old Jul 21st 2023, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations Nick. I hope it provides you many years of great service. I like the colour, hopefully it helps lessen the inside temperatures .
Past week it's been so hot I couldn't sit in the car too long to fiddle with the menu options as it's parked where there's no shade.
The salesman first pitched a darker shade of grey but we opted for the one in the photo.
Old Jul 21st 2023, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wolfi
Congratulations from Germany too!
You probably know that Skoda is part of Volkswagen and the technology is shared between all those sub-brands.
Enjoy!
I'm too poor to be able to afford a VW, hence getting a Skoda! ๐Ÿ˜. One of my nephews here has a VW Passat Kombi. That's a little longer than the Kodiaq. He hasn't seen my new car yet but I won't be surprised if he starts saving for one! Or he might wait for me to drop dead then bag it! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ
We've had some envious looks from neighbours.
I asked for additional damping knowing without it Hungarian roads would not be so comfortable.
Old Jul 21st 2023, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I find the seats more comfortable than in our Suzuki SX4. Lumber support is included and I just need to slide the button to increase or decrease lumber support.
I haven't tried driving in Sport mode yet.
Old Jul 22nd 2023, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

It has lots of unintelligible electric/electronic gadgets ... the same as our Suzuki SX4 S-Cross.
At least your Suzuki had gadgets to get used to. In January we went from a 25 year old Land Rover (basic and a bit agricultural) to an EV. Now that was a culture shock !!
Re parking I presume it has parking sensors and a parking camera - much needed when you can't see the corners from the drivers seat

I'm too poor to be able to afford a VW, hence getting a Skoda! ๐Ÿ˜.
Me too - so we went for a Kia Niro EV. Pleased with it so far. This time of year we get 500+ km from a full charge and we charge at home (PV on the roof), so its a plug in every couple of weeks. I still haven't managed to get the cruise control to limit the speed but running it on (near) auto-pilot is an interesting experience ! (that's cruise control on with distance keeping and lane following)
Old Jul 23rd 2023, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
At least your Suzuki had gadgets to get used to. In January we went from a 25 year old Land Rover (basic and a bit agricultural) to an EV. Now that was a culture shock !!
Re parking I presume it has parking sensors and a parking camera - much needed when you can't see the corners from the drivers seat

Me too - so we went for a Kia Niro EV. Pleased with it so far. This time of year we get 500+ km from a full charge and we charge at home (PV on the roof), so its a plug in every couple of weeks. I still haven't managed to get the cruise control to limit the speed but running it on (near) auto-pilot is an interesting experience ! (that's cruise control on with distance keeping and lane following)
KIA NIRO EV looks nice.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Our other car, Suzuki SX4 S-Cross, soon to be sold is black. Sure enough it gets hot inside but as soon as the AC kicks in it's bearable!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.