Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Photo tour of Hungary

Photo tour of Hungary

Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photo tour of Hungary

Following on from the thread in the Kocsma, feel free to post photos of anything Hungarian - I'm thinking along the lines of the "real Hungary". By that I mean the beauty that we all see everyday but also the real day to day things that catch our interest.

It would be great if you could add a caption or link it to google maps and if anybody needs help posting photos, just yell and somebody will be about to help out

So who is going to christen the thread?
Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo tour of Hungary

How about being a bit proactive and posting a how to do it idiots guide. It will save me asking - Oh maybe I just did!!!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:00 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Peter..... you know how to post pics I was hoping to get away with a quite start up post

A few, hopefully simple rules:
  1. Maximum one or two photos per poster per day otherwise new photos might get quickly swamped.
  2. Only photos of places in Hungary or directly related to Hungarian culture etc.
  3. All photos should be your own or you should have permission to post them.
  1. The easiest way to add a photo is to click the paper-clip icon just above where you will be typing.
  2. A pop up box will appear and you need to click on the first "choose file" button.
  3. This will open a browse window of files on your computer, navigate to where the photo is and select it.
  4. This window will then close and you can then click the upload file button on the original pop up window.
  5. Once the photo has uploaded, you can close the pop up window and the photo will be automatically inserted into the post..
  6. To remove an image, go to the paper-clip again and there is a "remove" option on the pop up window.

Alternatively, if you host your photos on an image hosting site or your own site, you can click on the insert image icon above where you will be promoted to insert the url of the image.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

OK - Now waiting for the pics. to appear
Attached Thumbnails Photo tour of Hungary-calf-chilling-out-1.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2014, 11:18 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

That is so adorable Peter, is he/she one of yours?
Old Nov 15th 2014, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Photo tour of Hungary-im000114.jpg
Wine making in Szépasszonyvölgy near Eger
Old Nov 15th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Hortobagy
Photo tour of Hungary-dscf1050.jpg

Photo tour of Hungary-dscf1040.jpg

Google Map: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...8d4cd9fafdca75
Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

It is great living somewhere that is a throwback to a bygone era, a pretty regular view from a stroll around our village, other than the fact that our village is not in black and white

Taken in Újszentgyörgy
Old Nov 15th 2014, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

We have done this tour twice this year with different guests after not doing it once in the previous 6 years
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llareggub
We have done this tour twice this year with different guests after not doing it once in the previous 6 years
This was our second visit as guests of Hungarian friends of my brother-in-law. They stayed with us last April. The Hungarian friends actually work at Hortobagyi Nemzeti Park so we got treated like VIPs! Typically there was a lot of drinking going on!
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

My favourite restaurant in Malyi near Miskolc.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@48.01...GQ!2e0!6m1!1e1
[ATTACH]Photo tour of Hungary-dscf0812.jpg

Photo tour of Hungary-dscf0811.jpg[/ATTACH]

My wife's family live just round the corner from here. Also Hungarian friends live close by.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
That is so adorable Peter, is he/she one of yours?
Yes he is one of ours. That photo was taken at 16.30. These are the same calf at 07.16, 07.46 and 07.50.
All part of lifes rich tapestry!
Attached Thumbnails Photo tour of Hungary-07.16.jpg   Photo tour of Hungary-07.46.jpg   Photo tour of Hungary-07.50.jpg  
Old Nov 17th 2014, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Whats not to love about a place that does this rather than sending children out begging for sweets around Haloween!

Taken in our village Cemetery, map here!
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Yes he is one of ours. That photo was taken at 16.30. These are the same calf at 07.16, 07.46 and 07.50.
All part of lifes rich tapestry!
Love those pics Peter_in_Hungary. Totally adorable. I held my first newborn lamb just last year. Never, ever been the slightest bit close to one before. Not our sheep but a friend's. It was ace. Loved it.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Love those pics Peter_in_Hungary. Totally adorable. I held my first newborn lamb just last year. Never, ever been the slightest bit close to one before. Not our sheep but a friend's. It was ace. Loved it.
They were part of a series of pictures I did (originally with captions) that showed the first day in the life of a calf from birth to acceptance by the herd. It was done for an open day we had. (500 visitors through the day)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.