Peas

Old Jun 16th 2023, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peas

Just saw UK ad for Petit Pois peas, does anyone know where I could find them in supermarkets?
Old Jun 16th 2023, 8:51 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peas

I did a search for them and other than the usual shoppes in the UK no results turned up. If you are willing to order online there is this merchant linked below

https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/#sqrq[petit],sf190350[In%20Stock])

They list 3 types in their search results.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 8:57 pm
Banned

Bill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

https://bevasarlas.tesco.hu/grocerie.../2004008646336

there are plenty of petits pois available, just go to Auchan/ Tesco and stroll down the frozen foods aisle
Old Jun 17th 2023, 4:37 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

When I did a search yesterday these did not come up of Tescos website. They will not come up if you search for an item and it is out of stock. Well anyway.I am certain if Tesco has them in stock at Enters nearest Tesco they will be happy.
Old Jun 17th 2023, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I normally buy the Bonduelle frozen peas and sometimes their tinned peas both of which I find are the nearest to Petit Pois. In addition to adding salt when I cook them, I always add sugar to give them the slightly sweeter flavour you get with young fresh peas.

The only baked beans I buy now are also Bonduelle. I actually prefer them to Heinz and they're miles better than any other make you can buy over here.
Old Jun 18th 2023, 5:02 am
Banned

Bill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond reputeBill Sykes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I normally buy the Bonduelle frozen peas and sometimes their tinned peas both of which I find are the nearest to Petit Pois. In addition to adding salt when I cook them, I always add sugar to give them the slightly sweeter flavour you get with young fresh peas.

The only baked beans I buy now are also Bonduelle. I actually prefer them to Heinz and they're miles better than any other make you can buy over here.
Do you mean UK-style baked beans in tomato sauce?

There's nothing wrong with the Aldi baked beans, cheaper as well. About HUF 400. Nothing like as good as the baked bean wars in the UK (about 1995) when it went down to 7p/ tin. My bro was having a minor mental collapse, having been chucked out by his wife. He was scared to leave the flat - I put him up for 6 months. He was also scared to sign on the dole etc, ISTR because he hadn't paid his TV licence so thought he'd get slung in prison if detected by the authorities. He was well enough to come round the pubs with me when I was paying, though. Anyway: baked beans @ 7p. I went to Thailand for 3 weeks scuba diving, leaving my bro in the flat with a freezer full of food. I also got him about 100 tins of 7p baked beans, kind guy like I am.

In the end I got fed up and evicted him: he got a job the next day and his own flat.

Auchan did a HUF 499 promotion on BBQ Heinz BB, so we got a few in then.
Old Jun 18th 2023, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill Sykes
Do you mean UK-style baked beans in tomato sauce?

There's nothing wrong with the Aldi baked beans, cheaper as well. About HUF 400. Nothing like as good as the baked bean wars in the UK (about 1995) when it went down to 7p/ tin. My bro was having a minor mental collapse, having been chucked out by his wife. He was scared to leave the flat - I put him up for 6 months. He was also scared to sign on the dole etc, ISTR because he hadn't paid his TV licence so thought he'd get slung in prison if detected by the authorities. He was well enough to come round the pubs with me when I was paying, though. Anyway: baked beans @ 7p. I went to Thailand for 3 weeks scuba diving, leaving my bro in the flat with a freezer full of food. I also got him about 100 tins of 7p baked beans, kind guy like I am.

In the end I got fed up and evicted him: he got a job the next day and his own flat.

Auchan did a HUF 499 promotion on BBQ Heinz BB, so we got a few in then.
I don't have an Aldi anywhere near to where I live. The nearest one is around 60kms from me and means I have to drive through the city centre to the other side of Miskolc. With the additional cost of petrol to get there it's cheaper to buy the more expensive Bonduelle Baked Beans in tomato sauce from Auchan which is on my side of Miskolc. I don't like the BBQ or Chilli Baked Beans.