British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Our deepest condolences to Hotpot's family (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/our-deepest-condolences-hotpots-family-708073/)

Rural Hungary Mar 5th 2011 4:43 pm

Our deepest condolences to Hotpot's family

It is with great sadness that I find myself writing this post. Today I learnt that Pat (Hotpot on the forum) passed away last night.
Those of us who knew her, know how she bore her illnesses without complaint and despite them, always had time to help and advise others.
My deepest regret is that I didn't manage to spend more time getting to know her as she was a truly genuine and lovely person.

Our thoughts at this time are with her husband and family.
Goodbye Pat, we will miss you, may you rest in peace.

Shotgun Mar 7th 2011 9:21 am

Re: Our deepest condolences to Hotpot's family

Sorry to hear this news. I didn't know her, but always read her posts with interest.

fidobsa Mar 7th 2011 10:38 am

Yes, again I didn't know her but it is sad to lose anyone in our little forum.:(

Pollypaprika Mar 7th 2011 11:59 am

Thoughts to her family. Although I have not been a member long, and did not know her, it is sad to lose a member of the forum. From her posts she seemed like a lovely person. RIP

richardmc Mar 7th 2011 2:45 pm

Yes very sad news bless her. We met them both last year, had tea and cake Pat had a great sence of humour and hubby gave me a guided tour of his garden, together they had a lot of enthusiasm for Balaton and obviously loved it.

Mitzyboy Mar 7th 2011 8:42 pm

Sorry to hear of this :(

Rural Hungary Mar 7th 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by richardmc (Post 9223433)
Yes very sad news bless her. We met them both last year, had tea and cake Pat had a great sence of humour and hubby gave me a guided tour of his garden, together they had a lot of enthusiasm for Balaton and obviously loved it.

Yes, salt of the earth folk. No airs and graces and never had a bad word to say about anyone. I for one will miss her regular PM's and chat:(

"Mitzyboy
Sorry to hear of this "

Yes, it is very sad.

moneypenny20 Mar 8th 2011 9:54 am

My sympathies to her family.

anonimouse Mar 8th 2011 10:06 am

Although I didn't know her, very sad news indeed, My sympathies to all her family.

Sue Mar 8th 2011 3:39 pm

Deepest sympathies and thoughts are with her family.

hotpot Mar 15th 2011 9:31 am

Hi to all....

This is Tom here, Pat's other half. I would like to thank you all for your simpathy and wishes.

The cremation will be taking place on Wednesday 16th March between 10-12pm in Siofok, although we have not requested for a ceremany due to the distance for all to attend. Therefore no flowers by request, although I will be holding a gathering at our place of the afternoon Wednesday 16th between 2-3pm. If you cannot attend personally please post any comments or wishes on this thread.

Thanks
Tom

Rural Hungary Mar 15th 2011 9:40 am

Hi Tom, lovely to hear from you, I hope you and your family are coping.

We will see you tomorrow, if you need anything or any help, please do give us a call.

Sue Mar 15th 2011 11:47 am

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Tom.

{{{Hugs}}}

moneypenny20 Mar 15th 2011 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 9241127)
Will be thinking of you tomorrow Tom.

{{{Hugs}}}

Seconded. Hope it goes as well as it can. :(

richardmc Mar 15th 2011 12:07 pm