Optician prices

Old Jan 23rd 2023, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Optician prices

Went today to Optika Keszthely, appointment for 1/eye test and 1/ retinal eye exam. 12000 ft each. Prices are up!
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Optician prices

Is this she shop in the pedestrian zone?
When we lived there (until 3 years ago) there was a very nice lady doctor you could get appointments with. Of course not cheap but you could rely on her and the materials the shop would use.
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Is this she shop in the pedestrian zone?
When we lived there (until 3 years ago) there was a very nice lady doctor you could get appointments with. Of course not cheap but you could rely on her and the materials the shop would use.
Yes Wolfi the "lady doctor" who also works at Keszthely Korhaz I have used before and seems good, that is who I will see. Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2023, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I need cataract surgery but because there's a nearly 2 year waiting list to get it done under the Hungarian state system, I've decided to go privately. Having done a great deal of reseach I've settled for a clinic in Slovakia because it's not only closer to where I live but less expensive than the clinics I've looked at in both Budapest and Debrecen,
Old Feb 10th 2023, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I need cataract surgery but because there's a nearly 2 year waiting list to get it done under the Hungarian state system, I've decided to go privately. Having done a great deal of reseach I've settled for a clinic in Slovakia because it's not only closer to where I live but less expensive than the clinics I've looked at in both Budapest and Debrecen,
Are you sure about this? My Wife had her first cataract done in December, approximately 8 weeks from diagnosis and the second one is being done on March 1st.
Old Feb 10th 2023, 8:14 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour also recently had cataract surgery in Budapest. His wait was less than 3 months from diagnosis.
Old Feb 11th 2023, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Are you sure about this? My Wife had her first cataract done in December, approximately 8 weeks from diagnosis and the second one is being done on March 1st.
Yes i'm sure. A Hungarian friend enquired for me. He was told the first appointment for an examination was at the end of June, after which I'd be put on the waiting list which is some 18 months long.
Old Feb 11th 2023, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had cataract surgery in Zalaegerszeg a few years ago. She was happy with the way she was treated and the results - though parts of the hospital looked like ruins.
We had to wait a few months for the first surgery and then had a pause for another few months before the doctor was happy with the result and advised surgery for the other eyes.
But maybe today waiting lines at hospitals are longer everywhere in Hungary - too many people (nurses, docs, ...) are leaving the country to have better working conditions and make much more money.
Old Feb 11th 2023, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolfi
My wife had cataract surgery in Zalaegerszeg a few years ago. She was happy with the way she was treated and the results - though parts of the hospital looked like ruins.
We had to wait a few months for the first surgery and then had a pause for another few months before the doctor was happy with the result and advised surgery for the other eyes.
But maybe today waiting lines at hospitals are longer everywhere in Hungary - too many people (nurses, docs, ...) are leaving the country to have better working conditions and make much more money.
There's only one hospital in the county that does cataract surgery which is most likely why there's such a long waiting list. We're very fortunate in BAZ because the main hospital is a teaching hospital and modern and well maintained. The treatment is superb. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the skill of the surgeon, doctors and nurses who saved my life
Old Feb 11th 2023, 8:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

There's only one hospital in the county that does cataract surgery which is most likely why there's such a long waiting list.
That makes more sense now!

Will pm you.
Old Feb 11th 2023, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

There's only one hospital in the county that does cataract surgery which is most likely why there's such a long waiting list.
Are you sure about this? A friend recently needed cataracts done and was offered Ajka hospital but for her own reasons (an acquaintance of hers had a bad experience at Ajka although my experience of Ajka has been good).so she went to Papa hospital instead. Another friend had her cataracts done in Vesprem hospital (about 1 year ago).

Whilst I have not tried it yet I am told that if you go in to hospital you claim diabetes which is under control by diet (no meds needed) and you also claim you need a gluten free diet. Apparently no checks are mad with your GP and the food is better than the standard menu
Old Feb 11th 2023, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Are you sure about this? A friend recently needed cataracts done and was offered Ajka hospital but for her own reasons (an acquaintance of hers had a bad experience at Ajka although my experience of Ajka has been good).so she went to Papa hospital instead. Another friend had her cataracts done in Vesprem hospital (about 1 year ago).

Whilst I have not tried it yet I am told that if you go in to hospital you claim diabetes which is under control by diet (no meds needed) and you also claim you need a gluten free diet. Apparently no checks are mad with your GP and the food is better than the standard menu
Believe me unless it's Hungary's best kept secret there is only one hospital in the county that does cataract surgery! My dogs trainer who was born and brought up in Miskolc and incidently has needed treatment for his vision over the years, enquired at the hospital and asked if there was any alternative hospital in the region to be told no there wasn't. My optholomolgist who is a professor at the teaching hospital also couldn't help.

The BAZ hospital is vast and as far as I understand irrespective of where you live in the county, if you need an operation or emergency treatment, that's the hospital you're taken to,

https://www.bazmkorhaz.hu/tagkorhazi...ozponti-korhaz