Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Online grocery shopping Hungary

Online grocery shopping Hungary

Old Nov 26th 2020, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online grocery shopping Hungary

I use Kifli.hu. They are very good, free delivery if you order over 15000fts. They deliver to BP and surrounding areas and also top half of the Balaton. The really good thing for Brits is they have a M&S food section so if you want a treat! I order the M&S weetabix which is well priced. They also have an English version of their website....
Old Nov 26th 2020, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyg
I use Kifli.hu. They are very good, free delivery if you order over 15000fts. They deliver to BP and surrounding areas and also top half of the Balaton. The really good thing for Brits is they have a M&S food section so if you want a treat! I order the M&S weetabix which is well priced. They also have an English version of their website....
Unfortunately no use to me as I lived the other side of the country. i have however bought my Christmas cake and pudding from the British shop in Budapest.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 11:22 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Were you able to order fresh produce like fruit, veggie , meat, frozen food etc, because according to Tesco and Auchan in Miskolc they're only available for purchase in the store? /. Only tinned goods and items like flour and jam can be ordered for home delivery.

I'm a vegetarian and as fresh produce is essential for my diet it still means I have to go to the shops to buy my fruit and veggies. So annoying!

As of December 1 all food items in TESCO including fresh vegetables and meat will be available to order online in Kaposvar and its local area according to an email I was sent by TESCO Hungary when I made an inquiry about that until then we can order more than 2000 items and it gets delivered by Magyar Posta after then I am informed their entire range will be available and they will have employees making delivery. I usually purchase fresh vegetables at the Farmers market so that wouldn't be a problem for me but having their entire range available online next week will be great.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested Kifli have M&S Christmas food including Christmas puddings!
Old Dec 1st 2020, 5:45 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Update, I received my first order from TESCO today and it went very smoothly, They arrived right at the time of my requested scheduled appointment and they delivered my order right to the front door. They were very courteous and 1 of them even spoke a bit of English. I received everything I had ordered and it all arrived in great condition. They were here and gone in less than 10 minutes. I am totally happy with the service provided and have already placed another order for next week.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Nicobonibus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Update, I received my first order from TESCO today and it went very smoothly, They arrived right at the time of my requested scheduled appointment and they delivered my order right to the front door. They were very courteous and 1 of them even spoke a bit of English. I received everything I had ordered and it all arrived in great condition. They were here and gone in less than 10 minutes. I am totally happy with the service provided and have already placed another order for next week.
This is AMAZING! I've been waiting for them to home delivery for ages!
is it all year round? or just for now?
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 8:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nicobonibus
This is AMAZING! I've been waiting for them to home delivery for ages!
is it all year round? or just for now?
It is year round and I am guessing as long as it is profitable from now on. We live near Kaposvar and can get most of the products available from TESCO, I was told that all of Hungary can now do online orders but in some areas fresh vegetable and refrigerated products are not available. I have placed and received 4 orders with them as of today and I am totally happy with the items received and the timeliness of delivery during the requested delivery window. They help you get your order to your door and you pay by card at the door. (They cannot take cash) . I hate to shop and with this corona virus mess, I hate it even more so not having to deal with the extra stress this is causing is great and I don't spend 3 hours doing my most hated task.
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Nicobonibus is an unknown quantity at this point

It is year round and I am guessing as long as it is profitable from now on. We live near Kaposvar and can get most of the products available from TESCO, I was told that all of Hungary can now do online orders but in some areas fresh vegetable and refrigerated products are not available. I have placed and received 4 orders with them as of today and I am totally happy with the items received and the timeliness of delivery during the requested delivery window. They help you get your order to your door and you pay by card at the door. (They cannot take cash) . I hate to shop and with this corona virus mess, I hate it even more so not having to deal with the extra stress this is causing is great and I don't spend 3 hours doing my most hated task.
Well that is good news, I was getting a little frustrated at the lack of food delivery in Kaposvar. but I'm glad its sorted. i hate going to that tesco and Lidl there as its just so busy all the time.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 4:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nicobonibus
Well that is good news, I was getting a little frustrated at the lack of food delivery in Kaposvar. but I'm glad its sorted. i hate going to that tesco and Lidl there as its just so busy all the time.
All of the food shops are always busy there. I also hate going to them because of being solicited by people selling items from the boot of their car or trying to beg for money in the car park. I feel sorry for them but I cannot afford to help them all.

There is a new Spar Hyper Mart opening soon in Kaposvar and no doubt it will also be busy all of the time.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the area I live in neither Tesco nor Auchan will deliver anything fresh. No use to me as it still means if I want fresh bread, fruit and vegetables I still have to shop for them in person and whilst I'm doing that I might as well buy my coffee, cereal etc whilst I'm there.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 11:23 am
Banned

Unfortunately the area I live in neither Tesco nor Auchan will deliver anything fresh. No use to me as it still means if I want fresh bread, fruit and vegetables I still have to shop for them in person and whilst I'm doing that I might as well buy my coffee, cereal etc whilst I'm there.
I don't know where you live but have you contacted TESCO customer service or tried to see recently if you are now in the revised delivery zones. There is a page I will try to link to that allows you to check which service you are eligible for. When the page opens scroll down to the bottom and there is a place to check what service is available in your post code. If you have not checked it in the past 30 days you should check again.

I know many people will never take advantage of this delivery service from TESCO because they prefer to get out and do their shopping and I get that but for the shut in people (the elderly and disabled) and people like me that are lazy this service is perfect. I prefer to stay at home as much as possible especially during this CV19 situation.

https://tesco.hu/first-time-shopping/en/
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't know where you live but have you contacted TESCO customer service or tried to see recently if you are now in the revised delivery zones. There is a page I will try to link to that allows you to check which service you are eligible for. When the page opens scroll down to the bottom and there is a place to check what service is available in your post code. If you have not checked it in the past 30 days you should check again.

I know many people will never take advantage of this delivery service from TESCO because they prefer to get out and do their shopping and I get that but for the shut in people (the elderly and disabled) and people like me that are lazy this service is perfect. I prefer to stay at home as much as possible especially during this CV19 situation.

https://tesco.hu/first-time-shopping/en/
Thank you. I've just checked and we still only get durable items delivered which is no use to me as I have to go out whether I like it or not to buy fresh food.
Old Jan 3rd 2021, 2:39 pm
Banned

Thank you. I've just checked and we still only get durable items delivered which is no use to me as I have to go out whether I like it or not to buy fresh food.

Oh well, it was worth a try. We did not get it here either until I emailed a message to TESCO global headquarters and complained to the CEO's office. About a week later I got an email from them in Budapest and apparently it did some good. You should consider taking that step unless your not interested in it. Just a thought.