Old Radiators

Old Apr 19th 2022, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Old Radiators

We four radiators similar size as attached and three smaller, half the size. We're planning to install new boiler and CH system.
Are these old radiators worth anything? Scrap value?

Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old Radiators

Scrap value for steel would be the value if you change them. Best value would be to reuse where they are if you can cope with keeping them.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Scrap value for steel would be the value if you change them. Best value would be to reuse where they are if you can cope with keeping them.
They are not in good condition and would need renovating.
To be honest I'm not sure how I'd transport the radiators and piping to a scrap dealer. Probably have to get them to collect.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
They are not in good condition and would need renovating.
To be honest I'm not sure how I'd transport the radiators and piping to a scrap dealer. Probably have to get them to collect.
Steel has a high scrap value at the moment. It should be possible to get someone to take them away, ask around your village to find out who does such things (Expect the man in a white van to be of ethnic origins) I recently had a clear out of scrap steel and got 60,000 huf for the lot taken away so I would expect the cash flow to be positive in your direction.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Steel has a high scrap value at the moment. It should be possible to get someone to take them away, ask around your village to find out who does such things (Expect the man in a white van to be of ethnic origins) I recently had a clear out of scrap steel and got 60,000 huf for the lot taken away so I would expect the cash flow to be positive in your direction.
I'll discuss with the plumber what he'd pay for them and if pretty good then leave things at that but if not a good price then try the white van people. Might have to hide all the radiators round the back and put a cable and lock through them all! Good job I got my UK exterior CCTV WiFi camera set up here.

I will not be surprised if a local friend or two asks if they can take the old radiators.