Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

New User - Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella

New User - Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella

Old Aug 17th 2018, 10:45 am
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default New User - Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella

Hi all, I just joined up, having been an occasional reader over the past couple of years. Some great individual knowledge on the forum - the stuff on wells was very useful & I might come back to that later.

Basically I'm a Brit with 10 years in Hungary for work, then we moved back to UK 10 years ago for various reasons. My user ID gives our location, so we're not even an hour outside central Budapest, not too far from the Danube bend etc. A very beautiful location in the national park and the Pilis hills do seem to get a bit more rain than many other parts of Hungary (a good thing!). We've got a modern fairly modest 3-bedroomed house with a fair bit of land, maybe nearly a hectare, most of it garden now with a steep hill on one end which remains a jungle. Just spent the last few weeks sorting it out and putting in a few things: 20 roses, 15 hibiscus, a peach tree, 3 fig trees etc etc. Planning on retiring here (mostly) in a few years when our 3 kids leave the nest. I married a Hungarian, speak Hungarian well enough for most things and these days whilst my wife can always help out, Google translate offers great advantages you couldn't even dream about back in 1996.

We get out to Hungary for the better school hols so Xmas, Easter, May/June half term and summer - my wife works but I'm a home-maker and slightly older in any case, in fact I could start drawing my pension if I felt like it - this year I managed to persuade my wife to let me come out in October as well to clear up the garden.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all & I'll get on with reading a few threads as I haven't been on the site for a couple of months.

PNPF