Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

New One Way System

New One Way System

Old Jun 1st 2023, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default New One Way System

We have friends living on other side of the village and their road is usually quiet but now the mayor has implemented a new one way system, meaning their road is no longer quiet. Prior to this cars going along the road around the corner in both directions would be dropping off kids outside the two schools. There is a long drop off area for one school and a car park for the kindergarten. The new one way system operates 24 hours a day. I think it would have been better to have one direction as having priority over the other or the one way system only operational from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday during school term.
This one way also affects another road and I don't think residents on the two roads will be happy their nice quiet road is now a busy road!
There is a kindergarten just around the corner from where we live. That road is a bus route and where there's a turnaround for the bus.
Looking ahead I'm hoping the mayor doesn't do the same or similar. Several cars and vans park on the grass verge so there could be alot of problems!
Our road name translates to Peace Street ..... hope it doesn't become Busy Street!
At the end of the day I think if the drivers dropping off kids were more considerate, drove responsibly and didn't rush afterwards there'd be no need for a one way system. Not forgetting other non-drop off drivers!
Old Jun 1st 2023, 9:52 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New One Way System

I went to Budapest yesterday. I had not been there in a while. Thankfully I was not the driver. The one way streets there can be a nightmare, especially if they are not updated on the Navigation system. I had a great time there but had I been driving I would have been frustrated. One way streets do have a place in bigger cities but in smaller cities and towns they should not used if other ways to improve traffic flow can be found. The schools should consider installing a off street drop off lane if there is room for one to be constructed.
Old Jun 1st 2023, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New One Way System

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I went to Budapest yesterday. I had not been there in a while. Thankfully I was not the driver. The one way streets there can be a nightmare, especially if they are not updated on the Navigation system. I had a great time there but had I been driving I would have been frustrated. One way streets do have a place in bigger cities but in smaller cities and towns they should not used if other ways to improve traffic flow can be found. The schools should consider installing a off street drop off lane if there is room for one to be constructed.
I honestly think there's better ways to manage the traffic in the drop off section. 20km/h speed limit. No turning round and going back opposite direction they came from, I.e. drive ahead and drive round the block. Outside school hours normal road rules apply.