places to stay

Old Sep 16th 2018, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

man of yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default places to stay

Hi we are flying to Budapest on the 14 October only for around a week , its the getting time off work which is the most difficult task wise at the moment , anyhow we are hiring a car for our stay and are heading towards Pecs and I wonder if anyone has any recommendations with regards to stop overs as in something to eat and maybe a bed for the night . Any information will be gratefully received .
Old Sep 16th 2018, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Szentgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: places to stay

Hi , what is the purpose o the visit? holiday?or you got plans to move here?
I strongly recommend Szekszard region, beutiful wine growing region, it wll be on your way to Pecs.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 6:51 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

I'd just go straight to Pecs, it's only 3 hrs' drive and no point going anywhere else if you have limited time.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:44 am
Just Joined

The purpose is to have a look ourselves , get a feel of the people and places and yes we are looking at possibilities to retire , we will go as many times as is possible as often as possible I know people will say that we need to spend much longer on such an important decision and we will when we can so I would say this is not a one off trip but the first of many , I will emphasise the first though and as far as a three hour drive to pecs from Budapest I'm sure it is but we also have to travel from home all the way down to London for our flight plus we want to take as much in as we can leisurely .
We are rural people not city dwellers , funny enough wine makers too , so I will say the area Szeksard is although not heard of before is of particular interest so Thank you for your suggestion are there any B&Bs that you can recommend ? .
Old Sep 17th 2018, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

https://travelminit.com/hu/szallas/szekszard
Old Sep 17th 2018, 9:29 am
Just Joined

That link is incredibly useful Thank you
Old Sep 17th 2018, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

we live in this area,.Pécs will be lovely too!
Old Sep 17th 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Local knowledge is the best , we have been looking on the internet but there is only so much information that is relevant some of the videos are years old for example we can find video of where we live from only a few years ago , very clean no litter that sort of thing now though its the opposite with gangs of people hanging around the ATMs and litter bins used to defecate in , so sad , still I'm hoping for better things of course we are open to different ways and should we make the move will try to fit in with the Hungarian people and learn the language .
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

IT's good in a way that your visit is out of the tourist season - you might have got a totally one-sided impression from the Balaton e g.
It should be no problem to get a room for one night in one of the hotels in any larger city - also a first impression.
Prices will also be lower than in summer.
To the East of Pecs are Villany (famous for its wines) and Harkany (a spa town). We stayed there in the Barany hotel, not luxurious but nice - with a direct connection from the rooms to their Spa, so yopu can walk there in your bathrobe ...
Have a good trip!
Old Sep 19th 2018, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

If you're interested in wine making and like arural life away from the tourist areas you really should also look at the Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen region which includes Tokaj and the surrounding wine growing areas.

https://www.google.hu/destination?q=...wcbdAhUOyaQKHb

https://www.google.hu/destination?q=...cbdAhUOyaQKHby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borsod...%C3%A9n_County
Old Sep 19th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much Sachina
Its starting to look like we shall have to start with Hungarian lessons before we embarrass ourselves trying to pronounce some of the places , I must say the whole place looks beautiful , Thank you again.