Reload this Page >

Moving company & costs

Moving company & costs

Old Jun 3rd 2017, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

GMC girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Moving company & costs

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Have you spoken to the Magyar Autóklub (Hungarian car club) as being the NGO dealing with such matters. Here vehicles of that age are called 'oldtimer' and I think that there are special regs for that class e.g. there is a museum rating for old vehicles and the club can advise on what this entails.
email [email protected]
Thank you Peter, we will contact the club. We have the same situation here, in that they do not need tax or MOT but are in the system.will certainly contact as we want to keep the jeep.
Why is re registering such a problem in Hungary? Sadly the truck may have to go

Last edited by GMC girl; Jun 3rd 2017 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Registering in Hungary is an issue because of 1) historical baggage, where in the pre-system change every machine was registered and you could not change a cars engine and lots of bureaucracy - so no purchased recons or short motors like the uk. and 2) today Hungary does not want Europes cheap old (polluting engined) cars filling up Hungarian roads.
Commercial vehicles (trucks) however are easier to import and there is very low registration fee aka import duty.
Even for Hungarian cars the tax on ownership transfer is high and for a heap of the week type car the transfer tax can be more that the value of the car. On the other hand annual road tax is quite low
It would be worth talking to the Auto Klub about both vehicles
Old Jun 4th 2017, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the WW11 vehicle, they are very popular in Hungary, will resale or more likely make you loads of new friends here.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
How much have you got?
Now is a good time to get rid of all the clutter that you thought you needed but have never used!
I and quite a few others here took the DIY route and hired vans, trailers, small trucks etc.
Hungary is not a popular destination for removal companies, so can be expensive and/or may involve long wait.
Clutter - easier said than one. I think I could easily get rid of alot of stuff but ... always at the back of my mind would be the nagging feeling I might need it in the near future. I think when my time comes my wife is going to be the major problem getting rid of alot of stuff and she is Hungarian!!!
Old Jun 4th 2017, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Fen,
I filled two standard size skips when I cleared out my UK house. Haven't missed or regretted any items I got rid of in the 4 years I have been here.

New life - new start.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 9:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duztee
How much have you got?
Now is a good time to get rid of all the clutter that you thought you needed but have never used!
I and quite a few others here took the DIY route and hired vans, trailers, small trucks etc.
Hungary is not a popular destination for removal companies, so can be expensive and/or may involve long wait.
We paid just under £2.5 K to move 3.5 m3, that included the lads doing all the packing. Took 4 weeks to arrive (over the Christmas period).