Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Moving companies / pet transport

Moving companies / pet transport

Old Nov 8th 2016, 9:21 am
Just Joined

tweez78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving companies / pet transport

Hi all, so for one reason and another I've decided (with my Hu girlfriend) to move back to the UK. Can anyone recommend any moving companies? There's no large items like sofas or cabinets, mainly stuff that can be boxed up.
We've also a cat to transport somehow. Anyone got any first hand experience of transporting their pet internationally? Cheers.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving companies / pet transport

We, and several others that I know drove from the UK to Hungary and transported our pets n our cars.
I looked into sending a dog from Hungary to England for my mother and the minimum cost was 1,000 GBP!!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

A lot depends on how you are fixed personally, do you have a car which is going with you, can you tow a trailer?
How many boxes do you envisage, and space required. Would hiring a van be sufficient?

As Paul said, I used a trailer and did the move myself, I did enquire about companies but could find few who shipped to Hungary, those that did were expensive and may have involved a wait of up to 3 months.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

If you do take a pet in the car it is worth considering the tunnel as an alternative to the ferry as it may be less stressful for the animal. The last time I took my dog on the ferry it was a rough crossing and lots of car alarms kept going off. You have to leave the dog locked in the car and you are not allowed to go to the car and check on the dog during the crossing. In hot weather some dogs die in cars on cross channel ferries.