MOT

Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default MOT

Just checking. My Hungarian Mot expires early June this year. We are off to Croatia before that date and will return to Hungary about 10 days before the MOT expires. Is there any reason to be concerned as Hungary has some quirky regs.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 7:49 am
cdw057

cdw057 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOT

As I understand, you can have serious challenges if it expires (and you are caught), in any case so I have been told. Better to update before nice holidays
Old Apr 14th 2019, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cdw057
As I understand, you can have serious challenges if it expires (and you are caught), in any case so I have been told. Better to update before nice holidays
I got stopped in a road block not so long ago and when the police, checked my papers,my MOT should have been done a couple of months earlier. They were very nice about it and told me to get it done within the next few days. No fine or anything thankfully!
Old Apr 14th 2019, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
I got stopped in a road block not so long ago and when the police, checked my papers,my MOT should have been done a couple of months earlier. They were very nice about it and told me to get it done within the next few days. No fine or anything thankfully!
I was also stopped near a small village last year, driving a UK registered van which a friend had given to me as he no longer required it … I used it to transport the bulk of my belongings to here. Unbeknown to me, the MOT had expired a few days previously at the end of the month and I did not have another month as I thought I had ! The young police officer went onto his mobile 'phone and with whatever app he was using, pulled up all of the van details including the fact that the MOT had expired. He warned that a HUF 50k penalty was the norm but he could obviously tell that I genuinely didn't know and as I was close to home, he let me drive the van home. No fine ensued but lesson learned … check the MOT date and yes, they can pull up the vehicle details from the UK !
Old Apr 14th 2019, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

So I assume that when I return to Hungary 10 days before my MOT expires, all will be fine.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enter
So I assume that when I return to Hungary 10 days before my MOT expires, all will be fine.
Correct - But in your position I would get an MOT booked for a couple of days before it runs out before I went away.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Correct - But in your position I would get an MOT booked for a couple of days before it runs out before I went away.

thanks Peter, have it scribbles on his calendar 2 days before it expires.