Mosquito Season

Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:37 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mosquito Season

" The Fly " they are actually more horrifying than the film Fen. They have the most enormous eyes which really freak me out - I detest the things.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
" The Fly " they are actually more horrifying than the film Fen. They have the most enormous eyes which really freak me out - I detest the things.
That's the film I was thinking of .... I almost included the title in my post but thought ... nah ... can't be 'The Fly' ... sounded too simple ..... now I'm freaking out .... will look out for them from tomorrow with camera ready!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:14 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
That's the film I was thinking of .... I almost included the title in my post but thought ... nah ... can't be 'The Fly' ... sounded too simple ..... now I'm freaking out .... will look out for them from tomorrow with camera ready!
I just fished about 20 out the swimming pool - yuck. I have to now admit that I can no longer be smug about not being bitten this year as something got me last night and though I didn't feel a thing, I have a large itchy swelling
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived Hungary Saturday evening. Not been bitten yet by either mozzies or flies.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

There seem to be far less around now it's cooled down a bit.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 3:17 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hmmm, the cooler weather has brought a few more flies here....
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:21 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hmmm, the cooler weather has brought a few more flies here....

seem to be allot of bögöly - horsefly around this year though I managed to avoid their bite - maybe they are also put off by the foul smelling "jungle juice"
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have not been bitten once at my parents-in-law's house but at the sister-in-laws been bitten several times! Not sure why .... but atleast not been bitten for past few days. Maybe they don't like barna sor which I drink litres of!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Would that be the Dreher Bak? I like that and they sell it at the bar just opposite my house!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Would that be the Dreher Bak? I like that and they sell it at the bar just opposite my house!
I've drunk various barna sors here. Demon, Staropramen, Dreher Bak and barna sor from pubs poured into our own bottles. Think I prefer the latter which is not as strong as the others. Most of the barna sor I buy from COOP, Auchan or the "corner" shops which now sell tobacco and alkohol.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:23 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Oops, I thought Jungle juice was something more potent like palinka or a mixed concoction. Mind you, the smell coming from my scrumpy would make it a contender.....
Old May 26th 2014, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Looking ahead to coming over to Hungary I've been looking at how to keep the mozzies away. Found this below.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Quic...toInsect-Trap/

Might try it out when I am there.
Old May 26th 2014, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Looking ahead to coming over to Hungary I've been looking at how to keep the mozzies away. Found this below.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Quic...toInsect-Trap/

Might try it out when I am there.
We tried that a couple of years ago...it worked (sort of)...but it's messy and stinks :-) I am just planting lavender everywhere....
Old May 26th 2014, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Polgardi
We tried that a couple of years ago...it worked (sort of)...but it's messy and stinks :-) I am just planting lavender everywhere....
I did wonder .... what do you do when you have a bottle full of mosquitoes? How do you dispose of them?
Old May 26th 2014, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I did wonder .... what do you do when you have a bottle full of mosquitoes? How do you dispose of them?
Exactly...a bottle full of dead mozzies is not a pleasant thing...I would rather repel and discourage them then kill them....probably won't be saying that soon!

To be honest, I cannot remember what we did with the bottle...I think I got hubby to do the dirty work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.