Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

money transfer / exchange rates

money transfer / exchange rates

Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:18 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money transfer / exchange rates

Originally Posted by duztee
Oh! I would add...
Don't go to the bank unless you have plenty of time to spare!
That's something of a record! I've seen it take clients over two hours to do the simplest of banking tasks, that's with an appointment
Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Hungarian Paperwork, I have received in the post today my receipt for paying the sewerage connection charges on this property.

I paid this on 2012.11.19
7 months to send a receipt
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heli2010
Hi Dave1982 for a moment I thought you maybe someone I know who has also just sold up and looking at Hungary

from the trading point of view there is expected to be a move higher from todays rate, the target rate is 371to the £ which should see a buzz in the housing market in Hungary
Still watching I hope nobody put money on this
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Cripes.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:20 am
I bite my thumb at thee

I've been waiting for the spike that usually occurs in the summer
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
we still have 12 contracts for sept expiry would have liked to see a 355 this week though so big buying day tomorrow
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:58 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Sincere best of luck, not my thing so don't know exactly how it works but I am interested in who said there was or would be an increase in new property agents in the market as I have not heard of nor seen evidence of this?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Still a long way short of the magical 371 Heli was hoping for as well.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:34 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by duztee
Still a long way short of the magical 371 Heli was hoping for as well.
Doubt it will see that any time soon I get excited now if it moves above 350
Old Aug 31st 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

exciting September it is then

as an aside it seems channel 4 are doing an escape to the continent program just been asked about our property searching in Hungary by the production company
Old Aug 31st 2013, 8:33 am
I bite my thumb at thee

I had an email about that but I'm sure it was the BBC, not Channel 4
Old Aug 31st 2013, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

you are correct BBC, my OH was explaining its probably similar to the C4 escape to the country and house in the sun
Old Oct 4th 2013, 10:47 am
Just Joined

simonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to recommend CurrencyFair for currency exchange. I've used them several times and its been easy and flawless both for transferring money between my own accounts and for making payments to third parties. They beat the bank rates and commissions by miles. They even beat the brokers like hifx and xe.com by a good bit. Because they match buyers and sellers peer-to-peer, you can put an offer on their market for the rate you want and wait for someone who wants to exchange the other way to accept it. I've had offers filled at better than the mid-rate in the past, resulting in an international transfer of £2000 being made for about £4 total cost, rather than the £40 or so charged by brokers or the £80 or much more charged by banks (mostly hidden in the poor exchange rate, rather than commission and fees). I don't work for them, just a very satisfied customer - and I'd like to see more active users on their GBP - HUF market!
Old Nov 29th 2013, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Getting there but still needs a shove for Dec 9th
Old Nov 29th 2013, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

They are calling today "Black Friday". I thought perhaps it would be a repeat of September 1992, when mortgage interest rates increased by 5% in one day! I would not have been able to keep up my mortgage payments if they had stayed that high but they dropped them again a couple of days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.