Migration

Old Oct 12th 2015, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your post was deleted because it was out of place in the thread in which you had posted.
Admin did suggest that you could start your own thread if you wished to continue to debate the subject
That is quite correct Polly, and I respect the moderator's decision. I was just pointing out that on this site at least, it is far from the case that the anti-migration lobby's posts are being squashed one-sidedly.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 10:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost
That is quite correct Polly, and I respect the moderator's decision. I was just pointing out that on this site at least, it is far from the case that the anti-migration lobby's posts are being squashed one-sidedly.
If you see posts which you feel should not be online then please use the report button and we will look at them all, impartially. There is no policy on BE to squash either one side or the other, we always do our best to be fair and impartial, whatever the topic, and regardless of our personal views.
Happy to discuss further by pm if you wish so as not to derail the thread
Old Oct 15th 2015, 8:50 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crashcage
Since i have returned my neighbours also told that the hungarian authorities had arrested 8-9 Isis fanatics at the border,but no mention of this in the european/British news.Also Why not?I understand that the liberal do gooders probably have the governments over a barrel and they are to scared to say anything because of the PC axe that hangs above all our heads.I find it totally crazy that this massive exodus has been allowed and that fanatics have been allowed to enter so easily.Of which some have already been caught in Germany.I can only say thati for one am glad with Hungarys actions and wish that the rest of europe had taken a similair stance. CC
The Hungarian police experts on terrorism have reported that the refugees pose no serious threat on security. See link below:Police anti-terrorism expert counters government warnings on illegal migration | Politics.hu

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 16th 2015 at 6:33 am. Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:46 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

John Gilbert, I so totally agree with what you said.

Common sense went out the door on the subject of migration a long time ago.

The media and governments do not have the peoples best interest at heart.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 5:29 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

The Hungarian police experts on terrorism have reported that the refugees pose no serious threat on security. See link below:Police anti-terrorism expert counters government warnings on illegal migration | Politics.hu
I fear I may have been misunderstood !

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 16th 2015 at 6:29 am. Reason: Ummm. Quotes need sorting somehow. Will have a look
Old Oct 16th 2015, 6:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
I fear I may have been misunderstood !
Is this correct now please?

Quotes went a bit to pot.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth my 2 fts worth

IMO you need to look at the background agendas for the various governments

UK - immigration is a political hot potato so any sort of immigration - refugees, migrants or eastern Europeans are seen as problems.

Germany - Has a population demographic problem. Not enough young(ish) working people to work in industry, pay taxes and support the ageing population and sees refugees as a way to help solve this problem. (UK has / will have the same problem but for the moment housing shortage and unemployment trump the demographics issue)

Hungary - Does not want another ethnic minority diluting its culture. The ethnic minorities it does have cause enough problems (that no one is willing to discuss or resolve) without more. Also Hungary does not have the cash to put into supporting an influx of refugees until they get on their feet.

Other European countries seem to provide assistance to get the refugees / migrants through their territory as fast as possible and on to the next country, where they become someone elses problem.

The solution - Not easy but IMO fix the illness not the symptoms i.e. sort out the Syria etc. to stop the flow. (very not easy) mean time properly funded international refugee camps in the region to safeguard those fleeing.

I am reminded of an interview I saw on Sky with a Syrian refugee (with his family) and he said he wanted to go to Germany. What if you can't get to Germany asked the reporter. Came the reply "If I can't get into Germany then I will go back to Syria"!! - So who is a refugee and who is a migrant.

The UK saying they will take refugees from camps in the region rather than those who arrive on the door step, sounds like a good idea. It stops the pull factors and the people smugglers (Reported 2000USD / person 500,000 people - do the maths!) - Of course it also means that the UK can cherry pick those it wants by education, language skills or occupation. I am surprised more countries haven't picked up on this one.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
For what it's worth my 2 fts worth

IMO you need to look at the background agendas for the various governments

UK - immigration is a political hot potato so any sort of immigration - refugees, migrants or eastern Europeans are seen as problems.

Germany - Has a population demographic problem. Not enough young(ish) working people to work in industry, pay taxes and support the ageing population and sees refugees as a way to help solve this problem. (UK has / will have the same problem but for the moment housing shortage and unemployment trump the demographics issue)

Hungary - Does not want another ethnic minority diluting its culture. The ethnic minorities it does have cause enough problems (that no one is willing to discuss or resolve) without more. Also Hungary does not have the cash to put into supporting an influx of refugees until they get on their feet.

Other European countries seem to provide assistance to get the refugees / migrants through their territory as fast as possible and on to the next country, where they become someone elses problem.

The solution - Not easy but IMO fix the illness not the symptoms i.e. sort out the Syria etc. to stop the flow. (very not easy) mean time properly funded international refugee camps in the region to safeguard those fleeing.

I am reminded of an interview I saw on Sky with a Syrian refugee (with his family) and he said he wanted to go to Germany. What if you can't get to Germany asked the reporter. Came the reply "If I can't get into Germany then I will go back to Syria"!! - So who is a refugee and who is a migrant.

The UK saying they will take refugees from camps in the region rather than those who arrive on the door step, sounds like a good idea. It stops the pull factors and the people smugglers (Reported 2000USD / person 500,000 people - do the maths!) - Of course it also means that the UK can cherry pick those it wants by education, language skills or occupation. I am surprised more countries haven't picked up on this one.
Well thought out ..... the second last paragraph ..... interesting response .... go back to Syria .....
Old Oct 21st 2015, 1:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crashcage
Hi All,
Have just returned home and while watching the migration debacle unfold from the UK wondered Why?
What made them suddenly all start coming?
Answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8kc19DL70

Since i have returned my neighbours also told that the hungarian authorities had arrested 8-9 Isis fanatics at the border,but no mention of this in the european/British news.Also Why not?
I understand that the liberal do gooders probably have the governments over a barrel and they are to scared to say anything because of the PC axe that hangs above all our heads.
I find it totally crazy that this massive exodus has been allowed and that fanatics have been allowed to enter so easily.Of which some have already been caught in Germany.
I can only say thati for one am glad with Hungarys actions and wish that the rest of europe had taken a similair stance.

CC
I agree with most of that. The presenter of the vid also clearly demonstrates just how nonsensical Merkels arguments in favour of her current policy truly are.

Little has been mentioned until recently that the majority of those on the move have turned out to be opportunists looking to move up in the world, rather than desperate refugees, most of whom are left behind without sufficient resources or help to do anything about it.
Possibly only Cameron has the right idea in this respect.

What Merkel did say was that the borders would stay open regardless and free movement guaranteed.
......though of course that was a couple of weeks before she went back on her word, initially closing the borders,setting up check points and restricting entry.

This in turn caused total chaos throughout the rest of Europe, with huge backlogs building up and other countries having no choice but to reinstate border controls.

Her latest move with regard to Turkey is unlikely to solve any problems and is simply discriminating against those she initially claimed to be helping, in addition of course to causing further chaos along with a huge influx of Turkish migrants bringing their Civil war onto our doorsteps, as has already begun to occur in parts of Germany itself.

Personally I think she has lost the plot to such a degree that she is no longer fit to be in any position of authority, let alone singlehandedly dictating to the rest of Europe.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:37 pm
Banned

Crashcage is an unknown quantity at this point

while searching the net,why have none of the rich arab countries not reacted.
Before anyone says the Turks have reacted,Turks are not Arabs.I am talking about Saudi Arabia,it appears that they have 100,000 air conditioned tents that are doing nothing out of the holy period of the Haj.
Also Qatar,Dubai etc
Why are the european governments not putting pressure on these lands to help and to take refugees.
Result of this migration,poor old Sweden,pc'eed to blazes is the rape capital of the world,recnt case woman gang raped the 7 convicted are to sentenced to 4-6 years and those that are expelled are allowed to come back after a few years!!!!!! that is unbelievable.Norway is also suffering a rape epedemic.
Anders Behring Brevik,brought his point across in a shocking manner but i think he is and others who say it,Multiculturalism doesnt work!
Well not with muslims,chinese have been everywhere for years,budhists,indians,sikh's,hindus you name it all live peacfully amongst us,what is the matter with them that they have to alienate themselves and then cry "dicrimination" Sad what is happening,it slips my mind who said this,
Evil only triumphs when good men do nothing.
The time unfortunately is coming,and i didnt think we would see it in our lifetime.
Nostradamus predicted 3 crusades(please correct me if i am wrong) and the third they will be among us. Just a matter of time!

CC

Last edited by Crashcage; Oct 21st 2015 at 7:38 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 21st 2015, 8:14 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

We don't need to be Nostradamus to predict what is going to happen in Europe.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Of course it also means that the UK can cherry pick those it wants by education, language skills or occupation. I am surprised more countries haven't picked up on this one.
I believe that Canada adopts a similar approach.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 9:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it also means that the UK can cherry pick those it wants by education, language skills or occupation. I am surprised more countries haven't picked up on this one.
I wonder to what extent the UK can and will follow that approach ?

If they don't take in whole families many members of which may have no useful skills at all, then I imagine there will be a public outcry.

In contrast most of those who have made their way up to Germany are mostly fit youngish guys of an ideal working age, apparently not many with big families in tow.

Swings and roundabouts maybe.

Very good post by the way,although I only concentrated on one particular issue.
Old Oct 24th 2015, 12:35 am
Veszprém Megye

On October 23rd it may be worth remembering that after the 56 troubles in Hungary, by 1957, 1.3 million "refugees" had escaped Hungary and been given refuge all over the western "liberal" world. How things have changed!
Old Oct 24th 2015, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
On October 23rd it may be worth remembering that after the 56 troubles in Hungary, by 1957, 1.3 million "refugees" had escaped Hungary and been given refuge all over the western "liberal" world. How things have changed!
Well sed John but if they wish to settle in Uk and as UK the capacity to handle a large numbers, moor important is if and when is all resolved in there own country will they return and rebuild there country or leav to be a wast land digger47

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.