Meringue

Old May 29th 2014, 9:27 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meringue

Originally Posted by Polgardi

I have yet to meet a Hungarian woman who is not a good cook
You've not been to dinner at my neighbours then
Old May 29th 2014, 10:33 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

"but I have been told I can make a good lecsó :-)"

Now that's something I would like to learn - must get édes anyós to teach me!
Old May 30th 2014, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
"but I have been told I can make a good lecsó :-)"

Now that's something I would like to learn - must get édes anyós to teach me!
Its easy...I have even taught my husband how to cook it
Old May 30th 2014, 8:19 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully, I take after my fathers side of the family and can cook British, Indian and Italian food to a half decent standard. Well, that's what the kids tell me, hopefully, they won't be sat on a forum in 30 years time posting about how bad their mothers cooking was
Old May 30th 2014, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Well I am a terrible cook...but I have been told I can make a good lecsó :-) Your doughnuts look very tasty Lady Z

I have yet to meet a Hungarian woman who is not a good cook
My wife is Hungarian
Old May 30th 2014, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi FenTiger,
Your wife must be the the bees' knees . At least the Hungarian women can cook in this country, no doubt. Finally something more positive to be written about. After what some of us went through with the dodgy builders and the endless fights to get things right, I think talking about cooking is something that always makes me happy.

I love cooking and entertaining friends. To me cooking and baking is not a task but a pleasure. It relaxes me and I believe that watching my family or my friends consuming my food with enjoyment is the nicest thing for a good cook to achieve after an exhausting day full of preparations and cooking.

Earlier I cooked a Taco meal for my grandson, I made some Enchiladas for my granddaughter, hubby had some tuna with mayo in some Mediterranean sun dried tomato type bread rolls and my daughter and I had a creamy baked aubergine mixed with mayonnaise and one small grated garlic served with bread and tomatoes.
It was delicious. It can be equally consumed as a starter or simple as a snack or dip. It is a Transylvanian dish, also very popular in the slavic countries.

Enjoy whatever you are cooking. Not the cooking matters after all, but the enjoyment of doing something relaxing. LZ x
Attached Thumbnails Meringue-image.jpg  
Old May 30th 2014, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lady Zelda
I had a creamy baked aubergine mixed with mayonnaise and one small grated garlic served with bread and tomatoes.
It was delicious. It can be equally consumed as a starter or simple as a snack or dip. It is a Transylvanian dish, also very popular in the slavic countries.

Enjoy whatever you are cooking. Not the cooking matters after all, but the enjoyment of doing something relaxing. LZ x
I think there is a cookery thread somewhere Lady Z. I would like this recipe, so if you can find the thread...please post the recipe
Old May 30th 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

The thread is here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=recipes