Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Magyer Autóklub

Magyer Autóklub

Old Feb 28th 2014, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Magyer Autóklub

For Forum Readers, this is worth ever f/h investment cost 1 year 15,200fh,I was traveling to my place witch is 68 km. from B/pest the car started to have problems I get it started again but just a Km. again same problem warning light showed engine management problem so called the wife who arranged auto. call out on the spot membership payment and became a member. finding problem and suggested to try to get back to dealers in B/pest but engine gave up in very bad place on I call magic round bought like Zebedee and Dugl mind was every wear cars every wear auto club arrived and recovered to dealer's at no cost as part of membership. Their call central accept calls speak English and if members break down like I did to give wear I am I plugged in Satnav this gave the GPS they arrived both times within 40 minutes I give them 4 stares for the response and good quality services, so If not a member consider taking out membership digger thanks Auto Club
Old Feb 28th 2014, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Magyer Autóklub

Wow, that sounds really good. Glad you got it all sorted. I think I will check them out...thanks for the advice.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 8:15 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digger47
For Forum Readers, this is worth ever f/h investment cost 1 year 15,200fh......
Cheers for the info Digger
Old Mar 31st 2014, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Notalab is an unknown quantity at this point

For peace of mind whilst driving throughout Europe, I would suggest joining ADAC. [Looked up their website and joined by phoning them on Skype] This is run with the usual Teutonic efficiency and costs 88 Euros a year .... If you've got a 14 year old motor that's done 260 thousand on the clock like mine then Europe breakdown cover year round is essential. Any motor organisation that has half a dozen helicopters in it's fleet of vehicles has got to be good! When stationed in Germany many years ago I was a member and needed them. Recently, when I found that I could be a member living anywhere in Europe it was a 'no brainer' as they say.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Notalab
For peace of mind whilst driving throughout Europe, I would suggest joining ADAC. [Looked up their website and joined by phoning them on Skype] This is run with the usual Teutonic efficiency and costs 88 Euros a year .... If you've got a 14 year old motor that's done 260 thousand on the clock like mine then Europe breakdown cover year round is essential. Any motor organisation that has half a dozen helicopters in it's fleet of vehicles has got to be good! When stationed in Germany many years ago I was a member and needed them. Recently, when I found that I could be a member living anywhere in Europe it was a 'no brainer' as they say.
The ADAC website states that you need German residence...but I think this is because of their computer systems. Is this why you joined over Skype? Many thanks.
Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:41 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
The ADAC website states that you need German residence...but I think this is because of their computer systems. Is this why you joined over Skype? Many thanks.
Says you can phone them to join if not a German resident, are you going to try them?
Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Says you can phone them to join if not a German resident, are you going to try them?
Hmm not sure yet. Either them or Magyar Autóklub.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well...I went for ADAC in the end. Easy to join. I did consider MAK but they were difficult to join and I was not sure of their cover over the rest of Europe.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

So you were the one asking on the ExpatsHungary Facebook page?
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
So you were the one asking on the ExpatsHungary Facebook page?
C'est moi! :-)