Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Mályi-to - dead fish

Mályi-to - dead fish

Old Jun 14th 2022, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mályi-to - dead fish

Should I be alarmed whether it's safe to swim in Malyi-to as someone from the Miskolc FB group posted a video of alot of dead fish floating around the edges of the lake. In the past only ever seen very small fish no longer than half an inch. The dead fish were from inch and a half to 3 inches. I often see people fishing there but I'd honestly never seen fish in there as big as those dead ones.
First time this year I had a dip in there with the dogs joining me. Didn't see any dead fish apart from a few when we set off for home. None of us have any ill effects.
Old Jun 14th 2022, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mályi-to - dead fish

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Should I be alarmed whether it's safe to swim in Malyi-to as someone from the Miskolc FB group posted a video of alot of dead fish floating around the edges of the lake. In the past only ever seen very small fish no longer than half an inch. The dead fish were from inch and a half to 3 inches. I often see people fishing there but I'd honestly never seen fish in there as big as those dead ones.
First time this year I had a dip in there with the dogs joining me. Didn't see any dead fish apart from a few when we set off for home. None of us have any ill effects.
Most likely caused by the hot weather we've had over the past few weeks.

https://www.clarke.com/blog/whats-fi...ish-kill-pond/

THE GUIDE TO FISH KILLS: WHAT THEY ARE & 6 WAYS TO PREVENT THEM

Old Jun 14th 2022, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mályi-to - dead fish

Originally Posted by Sachina
Most likely caused by the hot weather we've had over the past few weeks.

https://www.clarke.com/blog/whats-fi...ish-kill-pond/

THE GUIDE TO FISH KILLS: WHAT THEY ARE & 6 WAYS TO PREVENT THEM

Interesting reading. Seems not enough aquatic weeds and lack of oxygen due to overcrowding.
I was thinking if there's a problem Zip's and Mályi beach would have to put out a health warning not to enter the water until it was safe to do so.

Last edited by FenTiger; Jun 14th 2022 at 5:55 am.