Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Lucky English guy!

Lucky English guy!

Old May 9th 2022, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lucky English guy!

This story was today on the German language Hungarian news site https://www.facebook.com/ungarntv/.
A 13 year old girl found a backpack containing 2 million Forint in cash ...
She brought it to the police which found that it belonged to an Englishman (around 80 years old) who a year ago had wanted to use it for buying a house but because of a stroke had to return to England.
He was very happy even though he must have lost some money because of the Forint's devaluation.
PS:
That news site is quite nice, around 30 min of film every morning.
Is there something similar for Hungary in English?
Old May 9th 2022, 2:51 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucky English guy!

Wonder what is the chances it is Digger47 from here on the forum?
Old May 9th 2022, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Wonder what is the chances it is Digger47 from here on the forum?
I wondered about that.
Old May 9th 2022, 3:45 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I know he suffered a stroke and after some serious effort was made he went back to the UK, then a couple years ago maybe he tried to post on the forum and made a new profile with a different name and I think the moderators combined both profiles under the new name that now I have forgotten.
Old May 9th 2022, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I know he suffered a stroke and after some serious effort was made he went back to the UK, then a couple years ago maybe he tried to post on the forum and made a new profile with a different name and I think the moderators combined both profiles under the new name that now I have forgotten.
Ah yes, I remember that too, but, no, I can't remember the new name either.
Old May 9th 2022, 4:04 pm
Banned

Amazing I can remember somethings not very important from a few years ago but struggle to remember what I went into the kitchen to get 5 minutes ago. The joys of growing old.
Old May 9th 2022, 4:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
This story was today on the German language Hungarian news site https://www.facebook.com/ungarntv/.
A 13 year old girl found a backpack containing 2 million Forint in cash ...
She brought it to the police which found that it belonged to an Englishman (around 80 years old) who a year ago had wanted to use it for buying a house but because of a stroke had to return to England.
He was very happy even though he must have lost some money because of the Forint's devaluation.
PS:
That news site is quite nice, around 30 min of film every morning.
Is there something similar for Hungary in English?
What a lovely story, I hope the young girl got a reward for her honesty.
Old May 9th 2022, 5:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Ah yes, I remember that too, but, no, I can't remember the new name either.
I could not remember so did a bit of searching and think (could be very wrong) that his new name on BE was mawood47.

Rosemary
Old May 9th 2022, 5:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I could not remember so did a bit of searching and think (could be very wrong) that his new name on BE was mawood47.

Rosemary

Rosemary that is it mawood47
Old May 9th 2022, 9:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary that is it mawood47
Thanks. I was not sure.

Rosemary
Old May 10th 2022, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Should be reported on Hungarian news. I too hope the girl got a reward.
Old May 10th 2022, 5:56 am
Just Joined

singpuppy is an unknown quantity at this point

What an exquisite story, I trust the little kid got an award for her trustworthiness.
Old May 10th 2022, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

For those who understand German:
In this video the case is described, starting at 6:30
But there's not much info.

Ungarntv often has nice pictures and reports on what's going on in Hungary.
Old May 10th 2022, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

and sorry didn't understand a word. Will show to Sister-in-law who teaches German at the local university.