Looking to Move...

Looking to Move...

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Location: North Kent but looking to relocate to Hungary this year
starting_out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to Move...

Hello Windyridge

I'm looking to buy in the same area - Western Hungary, but further north. As far as I'm aware, houses are sold freehold. I'd be concerned if an agency tried to sell me a leasehold place as the norm. Freehold and outright ownership is one of the many attractions for me of owning a property in Hungary. It may be a misunderstanding so I'd just check it out with them.

I know there are rules here about promoting businesses, but I've found Keeling Properties really helpful as they've explained so much not just tried to flog me something. they've been doing this for 20 years so know a thing or two about buying/doing up places. I'm just sharing this as they are making the whole purchase process a pleasant adventure.

I'm enjoying visiting different areas and villages. I've looked at amazing places, some of which need sewerage etc which isn't that daunting (maybe regular forum members will have other views).

I hope to be the proud owner of a (freehold) house in Hungary this year.

Last edited by starting_out; Apr 3rd 2013 at 7:04 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:08 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by starting_out
Hello Windyridge

I'm looking to buy in the same area - Western Hungary, but further north. As far as I'm aware, houses are sold freehold. I'd be concerned if an agency tried to sell me a leasehold place as the norm. Freehold and outright ownership is one of the many attractions for me of owning a property in Hungary.
This has already been explained in the above posts. Keeling have been mentioned before, their fees and renovation costs seem expensive.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Hi
I'm new to the forum so don't know all the posts. It just seemed the focus was on western Hungary and leasehold in 2013 so I thought I'd share my experience of this year in the hope that members might share their thoughts on both these subjects.

Hope your cake came out ok!

Last edited by starting_out; Apr 3rd 2013 at 7:31 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:31 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, before posting, it is a good idea to read the previous posts as otherwise the conversation might have moved on from the original post
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Point taken - but still hope to get further comments about Western Hungary as that's the area I'm keen on.

I'm looking further north nearer to Kormend and would love more feedback on the Hungary/Austrian borders as a place to live. Maybe further south is better?

Last edited by starting_out; Apr 3rd 2013 at 7:44 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:52 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Might be an idea to start a new thread titled, Western Hungary info required as there are forum members in both the North and South who will hopefully give you a better insight into the different areas.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

some of which need sewerage etc which isn't that daunting (maybe regular forum members will have other views).
It depends....you can of course do all the digging etc yourself but you will need to know where to hook to the mains. Also, if you don't do it soon you could be looking at a huge 'green' tax on your water bill from the local authorities. So I would say that unless you can speak Hungarian and know all the ins and outs of local bureaucracy, probably better to get a house where the sewerage is already hooked up is possible. But that is just my opinion and I am sure other people have other experiences.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Polgardi
It depends....you can of course do all the digging etc yourself but you will need to know where to hook to the mains. Also, if you don't do it soon you could be looking at a huge 'green' tax on your water bill from the local authorities. So I would say that unless you can speak Hungarian and know all the ins and outs of local bureaucracy, probably better to get a house where the sewerage is already hooked up is possible. But that is just my opinion and I am sure other people have other experiences.
Polgardi

Thanks!

Green tax eh? I did wonder about potential expense. Sadly I don't speak Hungarian yet and I'm not au fait with the local bureaucracy. This forum helps tho...

May continue to check out houses ready to move into. I've a limited budget but it might be easier/cheaper in the long run.

Still excited at the prospect and planning my next visit in May.

Starting_out
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Polgardi

Thanks!

Green tax eh? I did wonder about potential expense. Sadly I don't speak Hungarian yet and I'm not au fait with the local bureaucracy. This forum helps tho...

May continue to check out houses ready to move into. I've a limited budget but it might be easier/cheaper in the long run.

Still excited at the prospect and planning my next visit in May.

Starting_out
Don't let it be a deal breaker, just make sure you are aware of such things, which you clearly are. Good luck with your house search.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:15 am
Just Joined

windyridge1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
There is no leasehold house... Only me trying to email people whilst baking and icing a cake. I actually said something along the lines of, the property is freehold, the majority of properties in Hungary are leasehold - see the typo? I then emailed and said sorry I meant, then said the exact same thing and then emailed saying third time lucky, making a cake blah blah blah. Moral of the story, don't email me when I'm making a birthday cake.
Not quite as dramatic as forgetting half the flour in one tier of cake and the sugar in the top - need to make sure it looks good and goodness knows what it will taste like.
Lol... ah now I get it... I am sure the cake was Fab ... sorry :-)
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

summer riding full safty vest top shorts and NO flip flops or speedos leave that treat for the germans on their burgmans lol
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:56 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by windyridge1
Lol... ah now I get it... I am sure the cake was Fab ... sorry :-)
No problem, cake turned out well thanks and the little girl seemed delighted with it.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to Move...-dollcake.jpg   Looking to Move...-dollcake2.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow, that is an amazing cake! Well done
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Wow, that is an amazing cake! Well done
Cheers Polgardi, the surprising thing was that it actually tasted okay - considering the lack of self raising flour and only had rama instead of butter, I was pretty chuffed with it

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Apr 3rd 2013 at 9:09 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am adapting my baking to "flour" and rama ...lol looks great well done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.