Reload this Page >

Looking to Move...

Looking to Move...

Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

windyridge1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking to Move...

Hi

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. My partner and I hopefully looking to move and Hungary has caught our attention. Planning to pop over for our first visit end April. We are interested in looking for property in the western part of Hungary, near the Austrian border as we are keen motorcyclists and want to tour a lot into Hungary as well as over the border.

Would be great to hear from people and those who may live out that way....

Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

PRIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking to Move...

was you looking for a to move here or just a holiday home ?? also did you want a home to move into or a place you can do up and have the way you like it ??
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PRIMO
was you looking for a to move here or just a holiday home ?? also did you want a home to move into or a place you can do up and have the way you like it ??
Move permanently and either to do up or move into, but the former being our first choice as we have a house to sell over here but can get a loan to do up
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

there are many house's for sale around Vas area, It is only a very sort drive to the Austria and there are lots of country roads, most people i have come across are very helpful if they can understand the english,
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

i have lived here now for 2 years and we are more than happy with the area and the people in our village are so nice, everyone is so happy to see us of a morning and they all like and respect us. we could not have been more lucky moving to such a nice place, moving here you have to try your hardest to become part of the community
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:09 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windyridge1
Hi

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. My partner and I hopefully looking to move and Hungary has caught our attention. Planning to pop over for our first visit end April. We are interested in looking for property in the western part of Hungary, near the Austrian border as we are keen motorcyclists and want to tour a lot into Hungary as well as over the border.

Would be great to hear from people and those who may live out that way....

It is a popular area with bikers, many like popping over to Croatia and Slovenia.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies. It looks like we're putting our trip back to June, but this isn't such a bad thing as we are hopefully riding over this will then become our pre-wedding honeymoon as we are getting married in Sept.

We certainly want to become part of the community, why move otherwise I say

My partner is concerned with the language barrier, but speaks German very well and I have a friend who hopefully will be offering us lessons as well. I am not so good a languages, but will endeavour to learn!!
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

If your other half speaks German he will not have to much problem here as most the Hungarians i have come across do speak German. Please let us know if we can be of any help when you come over
Old Mar 31st 2013, 9:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

German is useful though many who speak it only do so at a rudimentary level - akin to British learning French in school but never taking it further - this is especially true in the villages.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys you will love riding over here id say a great move, when you have the bikes you can get to just about anywhere in europe...on the 27th dec we decided to have a ride to croatia... and interesting ride..but its on the doorstep so why not..there are even some amazing twisties in Romania ...cant wait to get there ourselves and guess what its on the doorstep
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the info....

I had it in my head that a lot of the property over there was freehold, but speaking to Property Hungary, it seems its the other way around?

Can't wait to put away the thermals on the bike and get some good weather .....roll on June!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 5:47 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by windyridge1
Thank you for the info....

I had it in my head that a lot of the property over there was freehold, but speaking to Property Hungary, it seems its the other way around?

Can't wait to put away the thermals on the bike and get some good weather .....roll on June!
Freehold, not leasehold.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Freehold, not leasehold.
Hmm confused now because PropertyHungary say leasehold ....and I know from other posts on here that PropertyHungary are recommended....
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of properties properties outside Budapest are freehold. (I'm not sure about Budapest, but as far as I know its mostly freehold there too) Sometimes a type of lease is created to get around restrictions of foreigners buying land / agricultural properties. I would be suspicious of a village house offered leasehold.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:09 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I would be suspicious of a village house offered leasehold.
There is no leasehold house... Only me trying to email people whilst baking and icing a cake. I actually said something along the lines of, the property is freehold, the majority of properties in Hungary are leasehold - see the typo? I then emailed and said sorry I meant, then said the exact same thing and then emailed saying third time lucky, making a cake blah blah blah. Moral of the story, don't email me when I'm making a birthday cake.
Not quite as dramatic as forgetting half the flour in one tier of cake and the sugar in the top - need to make sure it looks good and goodness knows what it will taste like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.