Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Long Lets lake Balaton area

Long Lets lake Balaton area

Old Feb 16th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Long Lets lake Balaton area

Are there any web sites for long term rentals in or around Lake Balaton?
I have searched the web but can only find holiday lets.

Klarika
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:50 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Lets lake Balaton area

Hi Carol, we found it rather difficult to arrange long term rental accommodation before coming over, mainly due to the language barrier. The ingaltan site offers rental accommodation but, in our experience, most advertisers won't reply to you if you write in English. Once here there are numerous properties to rent and most are open to negotiation regards long term lets.
Firstly you have to decide which part of the lake you are interested in as it is a vast area and really impractical to rent at West Balaton hoping to buy in the East etc etc (believe me, we know from experience!)

If you plan to rent in our area, know your budget and accommodation requirements, let me know and I can look about for you. No charge, just an offer of friendship and help as I know how difficult it is when you first arrive.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Feb 16th 2010 at 7:14 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I do speak Hungarian but thought there would be English sites (silly me)
When we are ready to go I would appreciate your offer in helping us look for rentals. We are not sure which area we are looking at yet . We would like to be where there are a few Brits or at least not far as my partner does not speak hungarian. I have been looking all around the Lake like Balatonsentgorgy, fonyod, fured,ect (not sure if spelt right) really looking forward to going and exploring difficult on web.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:38 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, you would definitely be better searching in Hungarian as I found very little in English and what was available in English was specifically targeted to British tourists and therefore quite expensive when rented long term. The Ingatlan site has a letting section, just choose "to let" from the drop down menu on the search page. Their search engine is rather frustrating though and you have to play about with prices and preferences. Even if there isn't a suitable property it will give you an idea of long term rental prices.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:56 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
LOL, you would definitely be better searching in Hungarian as I found very little in English and what was available in English was specifically targeted to British tourists and therefore quite expensive when rented long term. The Ingatlan site has a letting section, just choose "to let" from the drop down menu on the search page. Their search engine is rather frustrating though and you have to play about with prices and preferences. Even if there isn't a suitable property it will give you an idea of long term rental prices.
http://ingatlan.com/berles.php

Does Budapest sales & rentals and Balaton Sales & Rentals