Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Law on dog muzzles

Law on dog muzzles

Old Sep 13th 2021, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Law on dog muzzles

Is there a law on dogs being muzzled in public places? Someone mentioned this last week when we were at Eger castle. Our dog, a sprocker, was allowed in the grounds.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Law on dog muzzles

Yes there is. Dogs must be muzzled when travelling on public transport although typically Hungary being Hungary none of the dogs I seen travelling on the bus have been muzzled. From what I've learnt from our trainer if your dogs are small like mine, (Mini Schnauzers) no one bothers like they would if they were larger. On the train dogs can't travel on the express service only the slower trains. At least that's what it says in the rule book.

Some of the shopping malls and obviously food shops don't allow dogs but you can take a dog into a shopping mall to go to the pet shop only if there is one.. however the Miskolc Plaza allows dogs in but from last week they must be muzzled. I know Praktiker and Telkom on Schechenyi ut also allow dogs. To be on the safe side my two have the Trixie soft muzzles to use whenever, Dogs are not allowed in Government buildings. Mine had to wait outside when I went to see about my Residence Permit a couple of weeks ago.

Hotels and coffee shops make their own rules. None of my dogs have ever worn a muzzle when staying hotels anywhere in Europe and we regularly go inside coffee shops with the dogs, but out of courtesy always ask if dogs are allowed. The boys were trained to wear a muzzle by their breeder from being tiny, but you might find you have to introduce one slowly to Archie if he's not used to wearing one. You'll find a muzzle in any pet shop.

https://www.petissimo.hu/kutyaknak/f...hoCsSQQAvD_BwE

My two at the Pizza Kave Miskolc

Old Sep 13th 2021, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Law on dog muzzles

Must get one then.