Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Kitchen Installation, Hungary

Kitchen Installation, Hungary

Old Aug 27th 2021, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

tomuny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitchen Installation, Hungary

Hi, I wonder if anybody can help by recommending someone who might be able to build and install a kitchen in our house near Mohacs, Hungary. It is not a very large kitchen but is a bit of an odd shape. We would prefer a sort of free standing one but are not averse to a fitted one. Our problem is that the big stores only seem to sell pretty modern units which are not very appealing. We do not want to have to install it ourselves so would be looking for somebody to do the whole work, including electrics, gas connections, plumbing and any tiling etc. We started to go down the route of a carpenter making us stuff but the language problem scuppered that. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance Tony
Old Aug 27th 2021, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchen Installation, Hungary

Yes the language can make it difficult, but not impossible.
Find pictures on the internet of something that you like and print a couple of copies, then you and the carpenter can draw lines or marks to determine what is doable.

I think the bigger problem will be finding just one person to tackle all the jobs!
My experience of Hungary is that everyone just does there own particular thing, and it is very much down to you to find all the trades you want and then try to get them to turn up at the right time.
It 's almost always the case that they will expect you to source all the required parts/goods. i.e. electric switches, plugs, etc. you will not only have to get the tiles but also all the fixative, grout etc.
And do not for one minute think they are going to clean up after they finish, that also will be down to you.

I have done a number of quite major room remodels, and am pleased with the end results, but it is a lot of work and stress to arrange.
Have Fun!
Old Aug 27th 2021, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

tomuny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kitchen Installation, Hungary

Thanks for that. I see what you mean; it could be that we won't find what we would prefer. I guess we will have to keep exploring