kitchen fitting

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

GMC girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kitchen fitting

Can some one please give me an idea of how much it would cost to have a modern kitchen & bathroom fitted. I know it will vary a bit depending on size etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kitchen fitting

Perhaps specifying the actual sizes of your kitchen and bathroom in square meters would help (floor space and room height), plus whether or not the rooms are to be painted, tiled, have fake ceilings, need plastering, expensive lights, pipes hidden, custom-made cupboards, double glazing, shutters, etc.

In a 48 Sq m2 flat for example you could pay £1,200 to have the bathroom tiled, fake ceiling, spotlights, and fittings (new sink, shower and toilet); depending on the quality of tiles and fittings for example. Likewise for the kitchen. It real depends on the quality of the renovation (materials, etc). A cheaper renovation might cost between £700 and £800 for the bathroom.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

GMC girl is an unknown quantity at this point

I realise it as a very general question but we haven't purchased a property yet & am trying to get a rough idea of costs involved. Thanks for your response, it's been very helpful.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Just remodelled my bathroom.
I took out all the old fittings knocked off all the old tiles and left a bare 4 metre square box.
Had one guy to change the water pipes, another to tile the floor and walls completely.
I fitted a hydro corner bath, sink and a couple of cupboards and suspended ceiling with variable mood LED lighting.
complete job came in at 1,400,000 fts.

Kitchen, I bought 17 units 3 years ago, 6 wall cupboards, 1 full height double cooker unit, 10 base units and worktops for 594,000 fts.
Plus the cost of cookers sinks and tiles.

Tiles are a similar price to UK prices if that helps with your calculations.

Actually clearing the old tiles etc to leave a bare wall doesn't actually save much money, I did it for the bathroom but not the kitchen, the tiler used his son and father to clear the kitchen walls and probably only added a few thousand (fts) to the bill.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add,
I bought all of my kitchen appliances from Mediamarkt. Discount and delivery for large order.
so you can check their web site Media Markt Magyarország for an idea of prices you will pay.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I know one couple locally who bought a house here last year. They had a kitchen fitted and tiled, complete new bathroom, new sockets throughout, new doors and windows and one of the outbuildings (attached to the main house) converted into an en-suite guest room. The cost was more than 7,000,000 huf!!!
I personally think they massively overpaid but they didn't want the hassle of shopping around, getting more quotes or getting their hands dirty by doing any of the work.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

GMC Girl.

IKEA do a nice 'mid-range' of kitchen units. They deliver to your house. The quality is good. All flat-pack to be assembled. Just need a tradesman to install it for you. Have a look around the web site as you can change door design and colour while you look.
Modul konyhák - IKEA

Happy to translate any text for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
I know one couple locally who bought a house here last year. They had a kitchen fitted and tiled, complete new bathroom, new sockets throughout, new doors and windows and one of the outbuildings (attached to the main house) converted into an en-suite guest room. The cost was more than 7,000,000 huf!!!
I personally think they massively overpaid but they didn't want the hassle of shopping around, getting more quotes or getting their hands dirty by doing any of the work.
I would be inclined to agree.
I had 17 windows and 5 doors replaced with good quality German made double glazed units, it took 6 workers 12 hours to remove the old units and refit the new ones, total cost was 450,000 fts.
Which I thought was a really good deal.