Reload this Page >

Job for English man in Hungary

Job for English man in Hungary

Old Jun 13th 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

anicarlteddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Job for English man in Hungary

Hi all,

We are looking to move to Hungary and currently looking for a job for hubby in the Western part of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look? For English speaking only.

Thank you.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job for English man in Hungary

Hi Anica, and welcome to this forum!

We live close to Gyor, the most important city of northwest of Hungary. It is situated halfway between Vienna and Budapest. This lively city with buoyant economic and commercial development offers splendid opportunities for all representatives of business life.

You need to make your good research before you decide where to settle down. Try to contact Careerjet.hu - Állás & Karrier Magyarországon, as they may be able to advise you on English speaking jobs.
The only issue in Gyor is that most people in our area speak German, as the biggest employer is the German Audi car manufacture.

By chance, have you thought about moving to Budapest, the capital of Hungary. It perhaps would provide you with better opportunities in terms of English speaking jobs, depending on your qualifications.

Good luck anyway
LZ
Old Jun 14th 2014, 9:46 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anicarlteddy
Hi all,

We are looking to move to Hungary and currently looking for a job for hubby in the Western part of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look? For English speaking only.

Thank you.
Hi there and welcome to the forum, sorry about that but hopefully this can go back on track.

There are British people working in the West of Hungary but they are either freelance or self employed. One of our forum users is currently working in a local school teaching English so there are opportunities about though not many.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jun 14th 2014 at 10:39 am.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 10:27 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I would also request that issues that have taken place away from BE are not brought to this forum. Issues from elsewhere have no place here.

To that end I've removed a load of posts to get this thread back on track.

Thank you.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anica

We live near Veszprem which is also a university town with an English faculty. Can you give me some idea of what sort of job your hubby is looking for. Does he have a teaching or IT background?
There are many hungarians that live close to the Austrian border and travel everyday to Austria to work. This may also provide some opportunities depending on his qualifications.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 1:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry but we've got some weird tech blips going on (related to the recent software upgrade) so I need to close this thread.

Apologies to the OP, please feel free to repost.