British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   It's hot hot hot! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/its-hot-hot-hot-836165/)

cathyg Jun 11th 2014 5:00 am

It's hot hot hot!

I'm not complaining but it's so hot. My neighbour was out mowing the grass at 545 this morning because it's hot, hot , hot. I have to stand in a classroom this morning and it's going to be hot. I'm not complaining mind (bristolians expression) ;)

klarika Jun 11th 2014 7:59 am

Re: It's hot hot hot!

I love it but apparantly it will be cooling down
Over weekend. I'm sure lots will be pleased
to hear. ;)

Rural Hungary Jun 11th 2014 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cathyg (Post 11297429)
I'm not complaining but it's so hot. My neighbour was out mowing the grass at 545 this morning because it's hot, hot , hot. I have to stand in a classroom this morning and it's going to be hot. I'm not complaining mind (bristolians expression) ;)

Hope they have aircon Cathy! Hubby says rain is forecast so should give you a bit of a reprieve!
The villagers definitely have it down to a fine art - start at 5 or 6 then stay indoors during the hottest period.

Peter_in_Hungary Jun 11th 2014 11:48 am

I'm not complaining but it's so hot.

Do tell!:ohmy: I've been bailing hay for two days. Air con. on the tractor = take the doors off:eek:

Pollypaprika Jun 11th 2014 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 11297614)
The villagers definitely have it down to a fine art - start at 5 or 6 then stay indoors during the hottest period.

That's what I do....I cant work outside past 9am....I come out again at night :-)

John Gilbert Jun 11th 2014 12:47 pm

Sounds like great weather for the strand - not for work!

fidobsa Jun 11th 2014 1:13 pm

<<<@!1!@>>>

We know a song about that, don't we boys & girls?

Rural Hungary Jun 11th 2014 1:47 pm

Didn't know you were a REM fan Fib and go on, tell me before it drives me mad..... What show was it on that they said "we know a song about that"?

cathyg Jun 11th 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary (Post 11297614)
Hope they have aircon Cathy! Hubby says rain is forecast so should give you a bit of a reprieve!

Aircon in schools, noooo not to my knowledge. Still managed to get through the morning, last day for me until September hooray.
Going to buy paddling pool for the dog, poor thing doesn't know what to do with herself.
Still I am not complaining :rofl:

fidobsa Jun 11th 2014 1:53 pm

Looks like more Youtube required!

Rural Hungary Jun 11th 2014 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by cathyg (Post 11297914)
Aircon in schools, noooo not to my knowledge. Still managed to get through the morning, last day for me until September hooray.
Going to buy paddling pool for the dog, poor thing doesn't know what to do with herself.
Still I am not complaining :rofl:

Glad to hear you didn't melt Cathy - are you sure the paddling pool is for the dog;)

Rural Hungary Jun 11th 2014 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 11297919)
Looks like more Youtube required!

Hale & Pace

A real blast from the past Fib - how could I forget Hale and Pace!

PaulinEger Jun 11th 2014 7:58 pm

Been loving it here recently. The last few days have been 35*c in the shade so not been doing much work outdoors, just teaching, sunbathing and enjoying the discounts that Borsodi are offering if you buy a korso of their finest in our local kocsma ;)
Shame that summer's taken so long to arrive this year