Income tax

Old Feb 4th 2018, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Organicbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Income tax

I worked in the UK most of last year,what are the tax rules here?
I have health insurance and a tax number since June 2016,but havent as yet received any communication from the taxman.I dont want to end up with too big a bill all at once.
Do i contact them or just wait?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Income tax

An accountant. Best thing we ever did. Most people fill out their own tax paperwork. If you want the Government to do it for you I think you need to apply for that separately. I think the only income they are interested in from abroad is pensions. One of the reasons I gave up a rental property was that the income from that is irrelevant in terms of residency apparently.

But I would definately have a talk with an accountant just to make sure. The Hungarian tax code is notoriously over-complicated.....
Old Feb 4th 2018, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Pensions not liable for tax.

https://en.nav.gov.hu/taxation/taxin...dividuals.html
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Organicbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I also found a much simpler explanation,but due to lack of post i cant add the link.If you are out of the country for more than 183 days you are not tax liable for that year.
Its on europa.eu,search Income taxes abroad – Hungary