Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

I really hate Hungarian cat owners!

I really hate Hungarian cat owners!

Old May 20th 2022, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default I really hate Hungarian cat owners!

We just heard from our neighbour that a family a few houses up the road has a tomcat and two female non-neutered cats. Now of course they both have babies and since the family doesn't want more cats they put the babies into a bucket full of water.
Problem solved!
Old May 20th 2022, 4:12 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I really hate Hungarian cat owners!

Originally Posted by wolfi
We just heard from our neighbour that a family a few houses up the road has a tomcat and two female non-neutered cats. Now of course they both have babies and since the family doesn't want more cats they put the babies into a bucket full of water.
Problem solved!

The problem may have been solved but that is not right to deprive an animal of its life . It should be a punishable offense to the one who did that and animal owners should be fined for not spaying an neutering the pets unless the animal is breeding stock and even then they should have to be responsible breeders whom do not overbreed their females. Just my opinion.
Old May 21st 2022, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We currently have 6 rescued cats and my wife has been trying to educate our neighbours for the last 9 years about the importance of neutering and spaying. She's got our immediate neighbours on board but isn't getting anywhere with others further away. Even the mayor's wife won't get her tom cat done.
Another neighbour a few doors away killed his 2 cats with a hammer last year because he was drunk. My wife called the police and they started to prosecute him. However, he died a few months later.
Old May 23rd 2022, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Jack and Paul, you are of course both totally right!
And I have to say that we count ourselves lucky that our immediate neighbours also care for their animals, neuter them, take them to the vet etc but there are too many here who don't care!
Our tomcat Moritz (spayed of course) still likes to fight with neighbouring tomcats but he has come to accept our neighbour's girl Picsur which often looks by. Once she even came in our house to try his food, that was totally unexpected.
Old May 26th 2022, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Problem solved!
That's truly awful. If my hungarian sister-in-law had a neighbour who did that she'd storm round their house to give them a piece of her mind. She often finds kittens dumped near her house. She thinks that neighbours know she and her husband have a soft spot for cats!

Sorry, going the other way regarding dogs being spayed or neutered we have local friends who object or have objected to the idea of having it done but one couple have had to get one of their dogs spayed because it was having some medical issues and the only solution was spaying! That was done via keyhole surgery so we will look into that. We're definitely getting our female GSD spayed soon and will be seeking advice of when she should be done.

Last edited by FenTiger; May 26th 2022 at 7:09 am.
Old May 26th 2022, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
That's truly awful. If my hungarian sister-in-law had a neighbour who did that she'd storm round their house to give them a piece of her mind. She often finds kittens dumped near her house. She thinks that neighbours know she and her husband have a soft spot for cats!

Sorry, going the other way regarding dogs being spayed or neutered we have local friends who object or have objected to the idea of having it done but one couple have had to get one of their dogs spayed because it was having some medical issues and the only solution was spaying! That was done via keyhole surgery so we will look into that. We're definitely getting our female GSD spayed soon and will be seeking advice of when she should be done.
We used to have lots of cats in the village, many of whom were feral. For the past couple of years though they seem to have disappeared and I can't remember the last time I saw a cat.

I have one intact boy and one neutered. He was only neutered because originally he was bought with the intention of using him as a stud dog. Unfortunately he grew larger than breed standard which meant as part of the contract he had to be neutered. I have always left spaying my female dogs until they're around 18 month old or after their 3rd season, which ever comes first. The vet I go to (think you also go there as well) will perform key hole surgery
Old May 26th 2022, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
We used to have lots of cats in the village, many of whom were feral. For the past couple of years though they seem to have disappeared and I can't remember the last time I saw a cat.

I have one intact boy and one neutered. He was only neutered because originally he was bought with the intention of using him as a stud dog. Unfortunately he grew larger than breed standard which meant as part of the contract he had to be neutered. I have always left spaying my female dogs until they're around 18 month old or after their 3rd season, which ever comes first. The vet I go to (think you also go there as well) will perform key hole surgery
We usually go to the local vets but have been to the other one in Felsőzsolca.
Old May 26th 2022, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
We usually go to the local vets but have been to the other one in Felsőzsolca.
I've been going here for the past 12 years. They speak English which is a great help.

Miskolci Állatkórház - állatorvosok Miskolc - Miskolci Állatkórház Kft.