Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

I hate Hungarian drivers!

I hate Hungarian drivers!

Old Jul 14th 2022, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate Hungarian drivers!

Used to happen to me too on the M1 to Budapest - though often cars from Austria, Slovakia, Romania.
I had the feeling these were "successful" Hungarians who live outside Hungary.
Here near Esztergom we have a similar situation - drivers with Slovakian plates are often crazy.
A bit OT:
In 1996 my English brother in law worked in Budapest - the big player he worked for in finances sent these people to another country after two or three years, so after that he went to Oman and Africa.
He told me to always have 50$ or 100 DM with my driving licence in case I was stopped by police.
He also told me he'd never return to the most corrupt country in Europe!
Took him more than 20 ywears to accompany my sister again to Bp.
My wife and I however went to the Balaton after that and immediately were fascinated by Hévíz so when 2 years later foreigners were allowed to buy houses we said yes!