Reload this Page >

Hungarians in the UK

Hungarians in the UK

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Mustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hungarians in the UK

Hi,
I have posted on here a few times in the past as I am married to a Hungarian from Lake Balaton and although we don't spend so much time at the lake nowadays unfortunately, we are certainly looking forward to our next trip back in May!

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could help me. My Hungarian mother-in-law (62) is staying with us in the UK but as she only speaks a few words of English, we are trying to find some Hungarian speakers for companionship - if they are from Lake Balaton, then even better! We are living near Oxford, so if anybody knows any Hungarian speakers in this area or if there are any websites like this for Hungarians in the UK that you can recommend, then I would really appreciate it. I speak a very small amount of Hungarian - it really is a difficult language, but our 20 month old girl can already count to 10 in both English and Hungarian! I'm sure she'll help me in the future too!

Sorry, I know this is a website for British Expats, but I've found this forum really useful with so many Brits having connections to Hungary, I thought I would ask the question!

Thanks for reading!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hungarians in the UK

Originally Posted by Mustin
Hi,
I have posted on here a few times in the past as I am married to a Hungarian from Lake Balaton and although we don't spend so much time at the lake nowadays unfortunately, we are certainly looking forward to our next trip back in May!

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could help me. My Hungarian mother-in-law (62) is staying with us in the UK but as she only speaks a few words of English, we are trying to find some Hungarian speakers for companionship - if they are from Lake Balaton, then even better! We are living near Oxford, so if anybody knows any Hungarian speakers in this area or if there are any websites like this for Hungarians in the UK that you can recommend, then I would really appreciate it. I speak a very small amount of Hungarian - it really is a difficult language, but our 20 month old girl can already count to 10 in both English and Hungarian! I'm sure she'll help me in the future too!

Sorry, I know this is a website for British Expats, but I've found this forum really useful with so many Brits having connections to Hungary, I thought I would ask the question!

Thanks for reading!
Maybe you need to set up some sort of community group on the internet for Hungarians living in the UK? From here you should be able to build up connections with others.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice
Default Re: Hungarians in the UK

Are there any Hungarian/ British couples living in the Braintree/ Chelmsford/ Colchester/ Stansted area in this forum with young children (aged 5+) who speak Hungarian as well as English. If so do you fancy meeting up either around the Balaton/ Keszthely area in the summer or in Essex with myself and my daughter (aged 6)?