Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

S.O.S Plumber Required

S.O.S Plumber Required

Old Mar 16th 2018, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S.O.S Plumber Required

I am on Road 811 12 km from Szekesfehervar may Plumber Man as let myself down just now I am looking for asstanse from 27 March it's first fix onwards and be Helpful if Plumber understand English as I Rubish at Hungarian it's bad situation as my Wife arriving 25th March. If any one now's of a Plumber can help thaks digger47
Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.O.S Plumber Required

What is the problem? - repairs needed (what) or major refurbishment?
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
What is the problem? - repairs needed (what) or major refurbishment?
Hi Peter it's new installation new water supply into Building I got to get trench dug out as to contact to my supply in yard to run into Building to Water Heater then to cold feed Wc and kitchen sink shower and hand bassion same with Hot Water to as before WC fixed and useable this not a big are of kitchen and bathroom as Cabin is only 20 m2 if not clear then don't esertat to get back digger47
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digger47
Hi Peter it's new installation new water supply into Building I got to get trench dug out as to contact to my supply in yard to run into Building to Water Heater then to cold feed Wc and kitchen sink shower and hand bassion same with Hot Water to as before WC fixed and useable this not a big are of kitchen and bathroom as Cabin is only 20 m2 if not clear then don't esertat to get back digger47
I forgot Water Heater in place and Fixed digger47
Old Mar 16th 2018, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know a plumber in Szekesfehervar who speaks English and those I have had contact with have a long lead time.
Thats quite a lot to do. - You will have to get the trench dug by someone else because the plumber won't do that.

If you have the meter already there - that is half the battle.

Are the pipes all surface mounted? Have you thought of DIY?
Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez Stu you cutting it a bit fine with the what I assume is the new Mrs arriving.

If there is no main water pipe into the property/house you going to have to get a trench dug. My plumber got a local to do it as he was above doing that sort of work. Machine is quick and easy. Thats if you have the street connection/meter etc.

I used plastic ( Hep2o) which made things very easy. I went a bit unconventional and installed a so called instant hot water gas heater thing in place of the normal electric water heater. Works a treat. POPee to install. Feeds well to shower and wash hand basin on top floor and to kitchen sink on ground/1st floor.

You about and hour +30 from me. I am no plumber (my place has turned out ok and I did it myself) but shout if you want me to nip up and give a hand. I have just returned to Hungary in the last few days and dont have much to do for the next few weeks.

Once the water connection is in its not a difficult job.

GBA
Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh about the trench - I know guy in Pakozd who has a mini digger, he will charge transport at digging price and has no English but at least he digs trenches and if you have the pipe ready then its dig trench, put pipe in and then back fill - job done.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Oh about the trench - I know guy in Pakozd who has a mini digger, he will charge transport at digging price and has no English but at least he digs trenches and if you have the pipe ready then its dig trench, put pipe in and then back fill - job done.
Yes Peter mine Digger is Good had a price of Transport 7.000hf then 7.000hf per hour but I have been let down I am in Partk not in Village but of road 811 just past Benzene Station on right hand side from Lovasberny
Ok if can arrange for say Thursday onwards that would be Good thanks digger47
Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GBA77
Jeez Stu you cutting it a bit fine with the what I assume is the new Mrs arriving.

If there is no main water pipe into the property/house you going to have to get a trench dug. My plumber got a local to do it as he was above doing that sort of work. Machine is quick and easy. Thats if you have the street connection/meter etc.

I used plastic ( Hep2o) which made things very easy. I went a bit unconventional and installed a so called instant hot water gas heater thing in place of the normal electric water heater. Works a treat. POPee to install. Feeds well to shower and wash hand basin on top floor and to kitchen sink on ground/1st floor.

You about and hour +30 from me. I am no plumber (my place has turned out ok and I did it myself) but shout if you want me to nip up and give a hand. I have just returned to Hungary in the last few days and dont have much to do for the next few weeks.

Once the water connection is in its not a difficult job.

GBA
Thanks for replying GAB
Ok the Feed pipe is 25mm black same as incuming Supply from Water meter into a Chamber on Yard then change to Metal pipe supplying stand pipe to yard this as to be Changed to straight Conecter with inline Drain off using a T junkshon to Take new supply to Cabin going up wall in to Cabin fixing new Yard Tap
Inside Electricity Boiler is fixed in place I am using iPhone and can't send any layout drawing of watt is watt and wear but it's not a lot of work as most of layout I shall fix supporting timbers in place I am Thinking Thursday on words I am Free from all prep working Monday shower cabin to start building Up so any Help would be Appreciated thanks digger47
Old Mar 17th 2018, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had 25mm plastic coming into the house as well. The pipe exists the ground under the stairwell which is now a cupboard. I then fitted a metal 25 to 22 reducer with stopcock and ran 22mm from there.

The HEP2o fitting are a bit expensive but easy enough to get from a place in Nagykanizsa. No idea about prices or availability up your way.

What size and type of pipe you thinking of using internally?

I used 22mm plastic where I could with 15mm T's where I had to and the relevant reducers where applicable.

The mini digger prices seem good at about 21 quid. A couple of hours and that side of the job is done.

Out of interest, I ran plastic pipe directly from the boiler. I was a bit concerned about the plastic handling the hot water but it seems fine - touch wood. No idea about the electric boilers. What sort of temps we looking at from the exit point. Obviously the water will cool down a bit the further it travels.

I know is not great to look at this on a phone but see if you can. Its the performance specs of the Hep2o plastic pipe. That is of course if you looking at that. There are other makes with fittings but would think that the specs would be there or there abouts.

http://www.tglynes.co.uk/downloads/t...erformance.pdf

GBA