How much land?

Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much land?

The Ragweed regulations apply to ALL properties. It is only the limited resources of the authorities that causes action to be taken typically only on receipt of a complaint

The plant produces thousands of seed if allowed to mature and the seeds are viable for about 25 years (I think)

A bit like poppies the seed will typically only germinate on disturbed ground (the Hungarian name translates as 'fallow grass' due to its habit of springing up on land tilled and then left fallow.

It is the owner of the property who is liable to clear the weed and if your neighbour's property is overrun and you are allergic to the pollen then first speak to the neighbour and then the council if no action is taken. (council and highways land is NOT exempt)

On abandoned properties the weed usually occurs due to soil disturbance by wild life. All property has an owner whose address the council can find from land office.

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Feb 16th 2014 at 7:49 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the input from members, I will make an appointment to view again the property on our next visit on 5 April.
The property is for living in, a retirement house, not a property to make any money on, it's out of the way of the village, has a panoramic view. Looks nice too.
Problem I have is the agricultural land (2000 Sqm) and that comes with it, it will have to be managed till we actually leave the UK. Need to find out who owns the land next to the plot to see if they would like to carry on producing their crops .

Thanks

Michael
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:00 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kohoutek
Thanks for all the input from members, I will make an appointment to view again the property on our next visit on 5 April.
The property is for living in, a retirement house, not a property to make any money on, it's out of the way of the village, has a panoramic view. Looks nice too.
Problem I have is the agricultural land (2000 Sqm) and that comes with it, it will have to be managed till we actually leave the UK. Need to find out who owns the land next to the plot to see if they would like to carry on producing their crops .

Thanks

Michael
You can find out who your neighbours are by a formal request at the local land registry office - or by going into the local pub or council office & asking. Hungarian language will be needed for both so I suggest a friendly approach in the pub or the mayor's office first. Maybe the best answer is to meet the mayor in the pub!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kohoutek

Thanks

Michael
One thing to Do before setting out add any further Land Take a Spade and check what the soil is if it's Dark and Black that's good but if Sandy, Clay like steer well away from it, Take my warning I have the Later Soil condition's and it is very hard to grow Veg in it, IT no needs lots of water and shading and back breaking to get it good order. digger
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a formal request to Land Office to find out who owns any piece of land, just wander in and ask to see the land registration for that plot - its free to ask but costs if you want a copy, so take a pencil and paper to write down the details. For Land Office you will need the plot number, but if you have your own plot number then its easy to look at the map to find the neighbour's number

Managing the land should be quite easy - cutting twice a year should keep it in order, perhaps early summer and autumn should see it under control.

What are the eventual plans fro the land, if its fruit trees then there is advantage in getting them in now-ish so that they are in production by the time you move here.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:26 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Some villages have pre requisite cutting dates as inspections are carried out just after these dates. Different villages have different grass height requirements and number of cuts required so best ask the mayor's office.